Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Poor @Marjo. When I was little my mum gave me warm milk with honey for a sore throat and rubbed Vicks VapoRub on my chest if I had a cough which I often did. As @Cleoriff says nothing cures a cold but you can take various medications/remedies to help with other aspects of a cold - sore throat, cough, headache, fever etc.

My mum used to get very bad migraines @Anonymous I remember and she would lay down in a dark room and sleep until they passed. Nothing else helped her.

I got migraines occasionally - though not for many years now - and I also had to lie down in my darkened bedroom and sleep until they passed. The last one I can recall hit me at work and I had to go home because of the pain which was so bad it was affecting my eyesight. I can't recall having any more after that and I've been retired over 13 years. I hope you're feeling better now.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7161 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Glory1 when it's a really bad migraine I have the bedroom curtains closed & same as you sleep until the pain is gone

Message 7162 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Oh @Glory1 the wonderful Vicks vapour rub. My mother kept jars of the stuff. It was rubbed on my chest....dabbed on my pillow.... and a hanky also steeped in it.  Not forgetting a blob in a bowl of boiling water for steam inhalations Smiley Very Happy

I can't stand the stuff now.

As for migraines @Anonymous... (this will make you laugh) I had never suffered with one at all...then 30 years ago I had a terrible one. Being a nurse (and having too much medical knowledge) I was convinced I was dying of a brain tumour ....by husband had to phone the doctor. GP wasn't impressed but he did give me some medication which helped clear it ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7163 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Cleoriff I forgot VicksVapoRub in a bowl of boiling water my father loved that one and I was forced into that as well. And like you I can't stand the sight of the stuff now. The odd advert for it brings back memories - none good...😯
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7164 of 7,616

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7265 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Was out last night seeing the dreamboys with work colleauges enjoyed it slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 7165 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
Was out last night seeing the dreamboys with work colleauges enjoyed it slight_smile

I just bet you did @blissgirl LOL

Dreamboys_lead.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7166 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@blissgirl wrote:

I just bet you did @blissgirl LOL

Dreamboys_lead.jpg

Way to go @blissgirl ... the nearest I've ever got to this sort of thing was watching the film The Full Monty which I watched twice wink

Message 7167 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone watching the new Supervet series on Channel 4 on a Thursday evening ?

I watched it on the laptop yesterday ... & ... Noel & his team did a 1st ... = ... opening up a tunnel made under the skin of the dogs tummy I think, & tucked the dog's injured lower leg into it ... I won't say more

Message 7168 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Yes I'm watching Supervet Jane. Actually that procedure Noel used for skin grafting was common on humans in the 70's . If you allow tissue from one area of the body to be joined up to the area needing the graft ..this then gives the graft more chance of working as it creates new blood vessels. I have often seen patients on the plastic surgery ward....with an arm joined to their face connected by a tunnel of skin and vessels. Sounds awful and actually shocked me the first tme I saw it...but it had excellent results...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7169 of 7,616

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7265 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
keep forgetting to watch that on catch up note to shelf remember to watch supervet grin
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 7170 of 7,616