Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun, Sea, Sand...and Booze!!

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Who else is looking forward to getting away from it all for some much needed R&R? Or are there any lucky ones amongst us currently soaking up some winter sun away from the dreary, drizzly winter here in the UK?

We are off to Caleta de Fuste at the end of July, and I really cannot wait. Having only managed a few days in Wales last summer (although nothing at all wrong with that, it's by far my favourite part of the UK!) it's been far too long since I sizzled on a sun lounger, haha. 

In the past, foreign holidays didn't really bother me - we only went abroad once when I was a kid, and apart from travel for business I've not really seen much of the world - the odd trip here and there, however I'm not sure whether it's old age or something but I've really got the bug now and started to appreciate the downtime and relaxation - work hard, play hard and all that.

Reason for only getting into Wales last year was that we spent Christmas and NY in Egypt the year before, which really was the trip of a lifetime, but meant that the budget didn't stretch beyond Snowdonia later on in the year. I think it was the experience in Hurghada which got me really hooked - as soon as we were home we were planning for this year, and I'm already making plans for next year too. 

So, where is everybody else planning on escaping to this year or next? who knows, may bump into you on a beach over a cocktail somewhere hot and sunny. grin

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
The only sun i get these days is the newspaper...
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was lucky enough to go away twice last year, once to Lanzerote and once to Turkey.

I'm off to Crete in June and hopefully somewhere in September but nothing booked yet!!

Message 3 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Hopefully get across to France 5 or 6 times this year.
I just need to work out the best times to go so I can maximise the bank holidays and save on my personal days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

In Spain as we speak ...Bliss

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The inside of my car was frozen this morning @Cleoriff, so I'm only slightly annoyed I'm not there too wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

The inside of my car was frozen this morning @Cleoriff, so I'm only slightly annoyed I'm not there too wink

Ours was pretty bad yesterday when I left at 4.30am for the airport @Toby. Such a pleasant shock when I landed here.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 29

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@Cleoriff to tell you what I really think of the fact you are basking whilst we are freezing would be in breach of the community guidelines, haha, so I'll just say (in a  not at all bitter way wink ) that I hope you're having a good time. 

***! 😛 hehe

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 8 of 29

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Sweating here too - went out at lunch time without my coat tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I am having a good time @Wa10. If there is WARM sun then I will be set up nicely for a few weeks.Happy Dance

I think I am the person who gave scientists the urge to research S.A.D's

Put it this way, I suffered with it before they gave it a fancy name Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 29