Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly It's Here

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok folks as I am just about ready to scream re the Note7 thought I would induldge in a happier topic.

Strictly starts tonight and continues tomorrow evening. No voting this week but really a chance to have a look at the competition.

So, on a pleasanter subject would like to hear your views on who looks promising and who needs a few more lessons.

Can't wait to hear from you tonight 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 555
554 REPLIES 554

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No.. the X Factor has two live episodes. The show on Saturday and the vote results on Sunday.

You can tell by the time the voting closes. With Strictly it closes usually at 8.30 pm on Saturday.

X Factor voting carries on till Sunday and closes during that show. (Hah... revealing my viewing secrets here...Still.. I don't watch Big Brother so that scores in my favour right?) LOL

Anyway, Danny and Oti were excellent. I think we have the winners right there.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Absolutely @Cleoriff you score big in my books for not watching Big Brother. Still as I always say to each their own. But I really don't understand the attraction of Big Brother.

Anyway, you are absolutely right about X Factor and I should know better because I watch it - oops! 😶 Thing is now that it's clashing with Strictly I record it and watch later that evening in order to vote. Just can't miss Strictly.

And I didn't want to say it but I think we may possibly have the winners in Danny and Oti too. I certainly hope so.

Message 62 of 555

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Strangely I thought Ed Balls earned his place this week with his Charleston - he wasn't that good but pulled off the routine exceptionally well. Tameka though was the star of the night. Can't see Annastacia staying in for much longer with that injury which is a shame really.

Its going to be a tough season this time round with so many good performances so far and its only week 2!

X-factor: sadly I have succombed and have started to watch it. Mainly because another member of the family has decided to watch it religiously for some bizarre reason and has the remote firmly stuck in hand on Saturdays. Not sure whether I'll watch it every week but true to form, Louis picked the novelty act for ratings purposes ahead of talent. Maybe we need an X-factor thread...

Message 63 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@sheepdog I agree with you that Ed Balls pulled off the routine well but like @Cleoriff I'm surprised he's still there as he Melvin and Anastacia were really bottom 3. Anastacia at least had an excuse.

I definitely agree with you that it's going to be a tough season. There are some exceptionsl dancers and a few showing real promise.

Good to know I'm not the only one watching X Factor even if it's delayed viewing on Saturday.

And Louis is really no surprise. I'm sure in Louis-world the wierdos (sorry but I can't be **bleep** to remember their name) are real show-stoppers. He said he was willing to take a chance on them but why when he had a really good girl group that he sent home. The worse thing about it is if this year goes like previous years (excluding last year as Louis wasn't there), Louis' novelty act will garner votes that sees better performers sent home. And that's the real shame of X Factor.

So are you going to start an X Factor thread or is it me .....😆

Message 64 of 555

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

X Factor has become a farce this year (A bigger farce than normal I mean) I think Sharon Osborne is trying to keep up with Louis Walsh in taking novelty acts through. Louis with his choice of silly fools Ottavia and Whatsisface...and Sharon booting out promising talent in favour of that HoneyG who fancies herself as a rapper. Doubt she will prove competition for Eminem!!. 1 minute wonders. I expect 'The great British public' will vote to keep them in for a few weeks. As my dear old dad used to say 'I wouldn't pay them in washers' Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 555

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh thank God @Cleoriff it's not just me who finds HoneyG a farce. I can rap better with laryngitis! And did she murder Ghetto Paradise - I love this song and her rendition made me want to cut off my ears.

But the real farce is her delusion that she's a rapper. Coolio is a rapper, Ice-Tea is a rapper, LLCoolJ is a rapper, Ice Cube is a rapper etc etc. HoneyG no no no 😢.

I am happy that the Finnish girl got through I really like her voice and from Robbie and Sharon's comments after she sang I thought she was off home.

Still it wouldn't be X Factor without 1 novelty act. And this year we have 2 for the price of 1!

Message 66 of 555

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Yes please start an X-Factor thread! slight_smile I already have a comment in mind that I will put there. tongue

Message 67 of 555

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Yes please start an X-Factor thread! slight_smile I already have a comment in mind that I will put there. tongue

My comments would bring the forum swear filter out in full force...(Or if there is an X factor thread maybe the swear filter could be lifted). For that thread? LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 555

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 69 of 555

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just watched the Strictly results show on the iplayer ... I know I'm a bit late here ... I thought the professional dancers routine was very sultry & stunning ... Strictly is an entertainment show & I fancy Louise, should put a bet on really Dance

Message 70 of 555