Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It's that time of year again....Some love it and others hate it.... Dance

However, BBC have announced the first 'celebrity' to join the line up for Strictly Come Dancing 2017.

It's Mollie King from the girl band The Saturdays (Frankie Bridge from the same group appeared in 2014)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/6525d4c5-3e53-4546-b336-45ebae3cf879?ns_mchan...

Mollie King....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 738
737 REPLIES 737

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I must admit for the first time Susan made me laugh out loud at her comments about being in the dance-off. And she was right there was no contest between her and Alexandra.

Clearly Alexandra is not liked reading the comments in the BBC Strictly website but she is the better dancer.

Next week should be very interesting as there are only dancers left. Who are the public and the judges going to keep in for the semis?

Now going to have a lie down as my prediction for the dance-off proved right. Never happen again 🤣
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 551 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh and delighted Susan has gone. Seems a lovely lady but she can't dance. Should have gone weeks ago

Message 552 of 738

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Farcical dance-off pairing so I wonder how the BBC decided that one. So is that everyone bar Joe who have been in the bottom two? The BBC magic glitterball will no doubt make sure he experiences that next week just to even the field.

Kelly Clarkson was tedious and I like her stuff! Liked the fashion show dance at the start so @MI5, Oti is the star there if you want to catch up on iplayer because that really was the best part of the show knowing who was in the DO. Lots of Blue Steel going on Smiley Very Happy

Message 553 of 738

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Farcical dance-off pairing so I wonder how the BBC decided that one.

What better way when they needed to get rid of the BBC's plant because the SCD audience realised what was happening. How could the judges possibly vote for Susan rather than Alexandra Burke ?

The scenario :-

BBC Man in Suit, "Susan, to the majority of viewers you are an unknown, so we need to up your profile and what better way than appearing on SCD"

Susan, "But I can't dance !!.....never have been able to and to be honest, I have never wanted to"

BBC Man in Suit, "Susan, trust me, appearing on SCD will make you.....especially when you get eliminated you must turn on the "so disappointed  tears".....the viewers will love you, darling".

This was probably the most obvious personality profile "upping" ever displayed by the BBC's P.C. Brigade.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 554 of 738

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said @Beenherebefore 

Message 555 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This weeks songs and dances...It's Musicals Week....

1. Alexandra Burke and her partner Gorka Márquez will dance the Charleston to 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' from Mary Poppins.

2. Davood Ghadami and his partner Nadiya Bychkova will dance the Argentine Tango to the title track from The Phantom Of The Opera.

3. Debbie McGee and her partner Giovanni Pernice will dance the American Smooth to 'Memory' from Cats.

4. Gemma Atkinson and her partner Aljaž Skorjanec will dance the Quickstep to the title track from Hello Dolly!.

5. Joe McFadden and his partner Katya Jones will dance the Samba to 'Money, Money' from Cabaret.

6. Mollie King and her partner AJ Pritchard will dance the Rumba to 'I Dreamed A Dream' to Les Misérables.

A week when we sort the good from the not so good I think...

Looking forward to Davood and the Argentine Tango. (though without being overly sexist it is 'slightly' easier for a male celeb to dance the AT...) Not keen on the choice of music for it though...

Also 'Money Money Money' for the Samba?. Poor Joe

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 556 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

By the way, if anyone has the time to read this totally unbiased view of last weeks show, then feel free.

It's written by Marianka Swain  who is a freelance writer and social dancer at several London venues.

Called Strictly Speaking....I thought it was fascinating and funny...

https://www.dancing-times.co.uk/strictly-speaking-week-10-2/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 557 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

To be honest apart from Alexandra and Gemma I find the music choices strange to say the least. I'll be interested in the musical arrangements of the songs and definitely agree this week will sort the 'wheat from the chaff'. And who will be in the dance-off?

Read 'Strictly Speaking' and thought Marianka Swain was very much on point. Very interesting read and think she'd make a good judge on Strictly - less biased.

Message 558 of 738

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm in agreement with you @Glory1 about the tunes. This week is looking more to who can demonstrate their technical ability of the dance rather than going with the beat of the music.

Saying that, Joe's tune has no beat so why a samba as its basically going to be re-arranged to find a beat. Its probably the worst ever mis-match of a dance to a tune ever. More suited to a charleston and thats pushing it. Obviously no conspiracy by the BBC producers to make sure everyone gets the dance-off experience is it since he's the only one who hasn't been there. 

Mollie is likely to be in the dance-off and leaving and no prizes to guessing why. Gemma is probably the best match on Saturday so expect her to be safe as she's better at ballroom. Think she may have either the rumba or the AT next week so thats going to be her exit point. 

Actually, I'm going to say its going to be a poor week for us viewers if thats the selection of musicals songs. It might be more interesting to see how the Cloudier and Tessbot try and hype up the crowd after each abysmal tune. 

Message 559 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

We also have 'Mary Poppins' again. Surely thats been done to death?

All a bit boring... and for me the best dance ever from Musical week was Jay and Alionas jive from Pulp Fiction...(though I do claim a lot of bias) tongue

Slightly off topic, I recently watched a video of Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough dancing the Argentine Tango on Dancing With the Stars (7 years ago) Still one of the best AT's I have ever seen....

As for this week I have no idea who will be in the dance off. We could have another 'shock' as it may be Alexandra. Her fan base appears to be dropping...

Having said that, the Susan fans have to vote for someone else...it could well be Joe....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 560 of 738