Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

It's that time of year again....Some love it and others hate it.... Dance

However, BBC have announced the first 'celebrity' to join the line up for Strictly Come Dancing 2017.

It's Mollie King from the girl band The Saturdays (Frankie Bridge from the same group appeared in 2014)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/6525d4c5-3e53-4546-b336-45ebae3cf879?ns_mchan...

Mollie King....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 738
737 REPLIES 737

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm kind of agreeing @Cleoriff and I completely forgot about the space invaders this week clown

Gemma was a touch unmemorable not that impressive to get those high marks, but then this is what we should have been expecting every week for the last 3 so its a return to high compentency and obviously made safe.

Debbie wasn't that good and Shirley overmarked so as you said, dance-off beckons but highly unlikely as it was that dance-that-doesn't-work-for-you-week. Alexandra captured exactly what the Blackpool show is about. 

Joe/Davood did disappoint but still had a smile on my face for being daring and thats what we want. The Katja drop at the end of Joe's routine - all I can say is what a professional Katja is! BTW, useless trivia correction for Tess Daley (Is it me or is the announcer at the start of the show calling her Tess Deely?) - Ride on Time by Black Box was actually released in 1989 not the 90's. 

Mollie was definitely more confident this week and it showed but should be safe this week even in a dance off against Jonnie or Susan. Don't think Jonnie's posture is going to improve in this timeframe.

Unless Susan gets the 4th most popular vote, she's in the dance-off and out (as everyone's else had far better technical elements and content) if the public really don't vote for Mollie or Jonnie. Really nothing to commend her on tonights walking Paso performance.

Message 471 of 738

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Other dancers are bound to distract from the contestants of so it would be seem to me to be a stupid thing to do by the show producer 

Actually its quite common with the BBC. See Top of the Pops, since 1964. The real aim is to distract your eyes from the artist who has no stage presence or has a particularly week song and is effectively lost (usually solo artists). The closer the dancers are the less you are inclined to notice mistakes (or how poor the actual song is) and no doubt the pro's take advantage of that. 

Of course the BBC will tell you that that big dance hall in Blackpool will look ridiculously cavernous on TV if there were no extras there and under competition, you'd have more couples around. Though I'm sure they shrink the floorspace every year or I'm just watching in on a big HD TV this year.

Message 472 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Ok. if I'm honest I'm a real fan of Gemma who likened herself to a clumsy elephant at the start of the show.

No dance experience at all and is blossoming every week. So going on the mad marking by the judges I think she deserved to be 2nd on the leaderboard. Biased I am...:smileytongue:

Debbie did not deserve those marks. Maybe the rest of the 'Spice Girls' did... but she was totally overwhelmed by them...

Yes Davood was daring..but his costume was awful. I would like to have seen him dancing a Paso dressed as James Bond....(I can dream) rofl

I feel really sorry for Jonny and without labouring on his disability, I do think this is the reason why he fails with body shaping etc.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 473 of 738

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Agreeing with @Cleoriff. The additional professionals detracted from the celebrities. I get what the producers were trying to do - show how well the celebrities danced with additional professionals - but it just didn't work for me. I thought they were distracting.

Alexandra definitely did it for me as did Davood. Was very impressed by Gemma. Debbie and Joe were a disappointment. I expected better especially Debbie. Could be Debbie peaked a couple of weeks ago and from now on it's downhill. Jonnie and Mollie were a big yawn. And Susan's paso as expected stomping about with wavjng arms. Kevin was brilliant; shame about his partner.

Dance-off Jonnie and Susan or Mollie. But Debbie is also in danger as she was far from her best.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 474 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Also thinking about Ride on Time by Black Box. ...Wasn't there a big furore back in the day where a singer called Loleatta Holloway claimed her vocals were uncredited on the original song...? 

Just because I can... I will put this here ...Bouncy A very catchy tune....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 475 of 738

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Taken all round it doesn't seem to have been an enjoyable viewing experience.... 

Damn it...I so wanted to see that......but my greasy, lank hair needed washing so badly Mexican Wave 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 476 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I feel really sorry for Jonny and without labouring on his disability, I do think this is the reason why he fails with body shaping etc.

I like you @Cleoriff didn't want to touch on Jonny's disability but agree it will affect his body shaping. If the judges stopped to think they'd realise that's the problem. He gets my sympathy too as you can see he's really trying but failing. Shame.

Message 477 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Also thinking about Ride on Time by Black Box. ...Wasn't there a big furore back in the day where a singer called Loleatta Holloway claimed her vocals were uncredited on the original song...? 

Just because I can... I will put this here ...Bouncy A very catchy tune....

@Cleoriff I can't play the video. I get the message 'it can be viewed in Youtube but it's on restricted access'. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem frowning2

Message 478 of 738

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

You mean I'll never dance again......? 😔😯

Message 479 of 738

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Same problem - its the owner of the video is preventing it being embedded via some sort of trickery. Just click on the link and then enjoy. Best get out your dayglow shakers and start flicking your light switch on and off to experience that authentic late 80's/early 90's dance culture. Fashion optional.

Indeed, Blackbox like C&C Music Factory around the same time sampled without paying/permissions and lost in court. Still goes on to this day as a lot of people are completely unaware of music licensing and you just can't borrow something off a record even if you've bought it (hint: read that tiny print!).

Message 480 of 738