Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKY £75 per month, it seems a bit high to me

Anonymous
Not applicable

*shrugs shoulders*

I have basic SKY

my internet is through SKY

I watch Game of Thrones ... & ... The Supervet ... & ... very very little else on tv, although currently interested in World Championship Snooker

'retro' tv set ... = ... little 2nd hand colour portable 

'lost it' when VHS went & SKY box installed re recording & playing back stuff

If anyone has any thoughts on the above  ^  ^  ^  ... I'd be grateful slight_smile

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

£75.00 is extortionate.

I have Sky Family package which includes 250+ channels, 50+ in HD and Box Sets for £15.20 per month.

You need to ring them ASAP

Message 2 of 9

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Haggle, haggle, haggle.

I left Sky last year when I took the decision to no longer watch Live TV (which I watched very little of anyway) and simply make use of catch-up and on-demand streaming services, saving me both the Sky sub and also the TV license fee (as I don't use iPlayer anymore). However, prior to leaving them, at the end of every minimum term I was straight on the phone to "cancel" - and it's amazing how every single time they pulled up a deal which had never been available previously. Whether that was to reduce the subscription, throw in additional services, or more often than not both!

My Mum is still with Sky as she does watch Live TV, and she's paying less than half of what you currently are - including a phone line (unused) and broadband. Family TV + boxsets. So they are definitely prepared to do a deal, just drop the V word in there and they will offer you the earth, haha. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you both above  ^  ^  ^

@Anonymous & @Wa10

the V word meaning a well known brand name owned by Richard Branson?

will look into this as soon as

Message 4 of 9

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Ring Sky up and tell them you wish to leave them, you'll have to endure a script while they ask you what channels you watch to ensure you have the right subscription package. Once you been through this process continue to tell them you want to serve your 30 days notice.

They will offer you on the phone up to 30% off, decline that offer

Once you've ended the call log in to the my sky account and you will usually have 50% off for 12 months. If you don't have this offer then you have to sit it out until a few days before your subscription ends and you'll start to see a "50% we don't want you to leave" advert on the TV.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PhoneChanger wrote:
Ring Sky up and tell them you wish to leave them, you'll have to endure a script while they ask you what channels you watch to ensure you have the right subscription package. Once you been through this process continue to tell them you want to serve your 30 days notice.

They will offer you on the phone up to 30% off, decline that offer

Once you've ended the call log in to the my sky account and you will usually have 50% off for 12 months. If you don't have this offer then you have to sit it out until a few days before your subscription ends and you'll start to see a "50% we don't want you to leave" advert on the TV.

They actually offered me 60% straight away hence the £15.20 a month i'm paying now. According to some members on AVForums, they sometimes go up to 75%

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you both very much @Anonymous & @PhoneChanger

I shall action as above as soon as I come down to Earth from now having a Daughter-in-law as of yesterday slight_smile

One thought ... as said above  ^  ^  ^  I watch little tv so would it be good if I kept any tv channel on whilst in the house until I see the message on tv screen from SKY ... apologies if this comment of mine comes across as stating the bleeping obvious ... but I'm unsure of myself when ringing up & speaking to people like SKY ... however you have both reassured me & given me confidence & clear instructions 

both have a good weekend Cat

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

[ Update ]

I managed, then, to go part-way through with the above instructions ... however ... it's just how I'm made, couldn't continue to the end ... managed to get some sort of reduction in price ... & ... reduced my Sky package to something to suit my current tv viewing 

Have yest to receive SKY paperwork in post ... most probably delivered into empty house next door (lots of my post goes missing) ... will contact SKY by telephone soonest when I'm up to it

Thank you again

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Price I'm paying is a touch the right side of £35 per month, which will do for me, thank you again above  ^  ^  ^

Message 9 of 9