Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo Switch - Mobile gaming at its finest

ElaGirl
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With the release of the Nintendo Switch gaming console this week, a lot of people have wondered, is Nintendo breaking out and winning more than just the hearts of its fans. I am a fan of Nintendo but have not purchased a gaming console by them in a long time. I was very hesitant to even consider this new model because it is sadly without a touch screen on the separate portable device.

With that said, I am interested to hear from any of you if you have played it and your thoughts.

If a conversation does generate, I have an awesome video by a mobile phone tester, who will spend 9 minutes cutting, scratching, and breaking his switch to show you its durability. This is not promotion either! I am simply just sharing some helpful tips. From what I saw, this system is not ready to be purchased. I think I will wait for a newer version with better quality plastic/screen, maybe in a year plus time. Who knows.

thanks for your advises and guides.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

This thread gives me some nice memories of when I played on PS Vita and with the PSP before that! Some good games there. If I get my hands on the Switch though I'm definitely going to try, also hoping for more games to come though. Anyone played Donkey Kong?

Message 11 of 14

ElaGirl
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I wonder if DK is going to be on the system or not anytime soon. I have not seen a games list.

I have seen much negativity being written about the console screen and backing getting scratched often from the docking connector. I am going to wait until Christmas to spend on this device. Maybe even wait to see if Nintendo has plans to up the ante on the quality of the plastic.
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Message 12 of 14

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

I really want one but I don't have the money  Cry 

I love the idea of playing on a big screen 'The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild' Jaw-droppingJaw-dropping

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 13 of 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Guys did you see this article grin 'Guy Builds a Portable SNES That's Basically the Switch's Great-Great-Grandfather'?

Would you use this kind of portable SNES? The article I linked to calls it "portable gaming monstrosity" (in a good way)! Fantastic

Looking at it makes me miss my old Super Nintendo controller.

Message 14 of 14