Did you mean: 

Nice destinations to visit this summer?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

I'm planning a holiday for sometime this summer. I went through loads of cities and towns in Google Maps and travel blogs, but there's too many choices to pick from.... Would you help me choose? grin

The criteria I have:

• Relatively good weather (sunshine!)
  • I want to sit in nice little cafes
  • About 3 days max. in one place
  • Some green areas
  • Peaceful and relaxing urban atmosphere! (if that exists? haha)

Someone suggested Philadelphia for the cafes and nice atmosphere. Have you been? It's a bit far though even though sounds tempting. Are there any nice towns around the UK that I could visit perhaps based on your experience?

Any advice appreciated! Cheers

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Works for me @Marjo.....😄 Now it's just how @Martin-O2 and @ Mercedes5 feel about it!?😮
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 36

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ooops @Marjo please apologise to @MercedesS as I keep getting her handle wrong. Eyes bad mea culpa mea maxima culpa....😔

Message 22 of 36

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Glory1 No holidays for @Marjo LOL

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 23 of 36

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Glory1 No holidays for @Marjo LOL

Now wait a minute! Confused

Message 24 of 36

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh dear now what have I started....😂

Message 25 of 36

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@ComaChameleon camping van would be a dream come true however unfortunately I don't drive... 😞 Yet! I keep thinking next month, next month...

No friends who can join you who can drive?

Ardeche  That was soooo awesome. I love kajak's in general grin

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 26 of 36

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Want to learn more about your own country, see sights and scenery that will amaze you?

Not for everyone for obvious reasons but my friends and wife all retired around the same time some 5 years ago.

We decided to go away every month and stay at a Premiere Inn, month end, summer or winter, after all there are some gorgeous views just down the road from your home and more so in winter.we never prejudged, and took each Hotel as it came, there really is little difference but we always found Premiere to be one of the better standards of a budget Inn.

Most hotels rank the same, set out the same, have a decent standard of restaurant and sell a nice bottle of wine.

Average cost £50ish a night with vouchers flying out left right and centre.

Start near home or further away depending on time of year.  You are the only real winner in this and I promise you won't be disappointed.  In fact the first one wet stayed at was in Yorkshire, a kettle full of Yorkshire tea from home and no finer place to set off on a series of adventures than York.

Just an idea but sometimes a truly moving experience. A break doesn't have to be expensive especially combined with a bank holiday, a free bottle of wine and a couple of good friends. 

Message 27 of 36

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @jonsie you're absolutely right, I would also like to add destinations close by around my home onto the list of places to experience! Thanks! I know there's this little inn close by that I sometimes see when I commute to work, and every time I think it would be lovely to stay there sometime (even though it's very close). There's a canal close by too which is an amazing area for a walk during summer. slight_smile

Message 28 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great advice @jonsie ... I once lived in York, just enough to walk along the walls into the lovely city then bus it out with my shopping

Great to hear from you Jonsie Cat

Message 29 of 36

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo

You should visit the Ruhr-area (it's as big as London) too one day. It's a very interesting area and changed so much in the past 100 years. I love it, we went there too when we had vacation.

From coalmines and heavy industry to a green area...

Like Villa Hügel in Essen (the house of the Krupp Steel family... it's ...huge.), Zeche Zollverein... and many more.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 30 of 36