Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda Completely Off Topic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heyies Peeps,

Meh - Kind need help with something and you might find it funny laughing

How do you cook a darn "egg" thoughties i know bit of a stupid question butties i keep screwing uppies 

Is there like a way or putting it in a microwave or something I can never get it right sad face 😞

Thinking to myself how do i mess something simple up and go thru 26 eggs 

I am kinda a bad cook but an awesome takeaway orderer 

Thought I would like you take on this and what is the right and propa way 

EmoLMarrio

Message 1 of 122
121 REPLIES 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff I too like black pudding with a cooked breakfast slight_smile

I find I'm alright if I eat certain foods early in the day ... otherwise it's reflux problems & heartburn at night-time slight_frown

Message 21 of 122

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35917 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

A bit of wheaten soda and some potato bread on that one. irish-soda-bread-2000-58a70d7d3df78c345b67df29.jpg

Message 22 of 122

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35917 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions
Black or white pudding, both are tasty but can be heartburn-inducing. I prefer the black pudding to sausage, but crispy bacon is a must, @Cleoriff.
Message 23 of 122

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yummy ideas thoughties still trying to win a round with an egg tongue

Not longies woke up, I would slay a dragon for a full breakfast,

Crap i have nothing in hmm shopping to do .-.

Message 24 of 122

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

For goodness sake @Anonymous

Here... have some soft boiled eggs with soldiers...joy

Related image

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 122

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Oh yeah... @Anonymous....  fried egg with HP sauce... love it 🤗 

Last time I put an egg in the microwave it took me half an hour cleaning up the exploded splattered mess! 😩

Boiling those times are perfect @Anonymous'smum but I do it/did it on the cooker.

As for scrambled... could never do it ! My dear wife never taught me but she made brilliant scrambled egg 😢 I've looked in cookbooks and online and they seem to put all sorts of added ingredients... far too complicated for the ready-meal  bung-it-in-t'oven King!,🤣🤣🤣

Yes love a boiled egg .

Scrambled is hit and miss with me i get pyrex measuring jug break in 2 large eggs stir with fork get milk pour in about half way up jug 

Bung in microwave 2 mins take jug out and stir mixture bung back in micro and another 2 mins .

Keep stirring til it either turns into scrambled egg or boils over in micro and you have a mess LOL

Message 26 of 122

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Omelette now you can make these various ways slight_smile

Souffle omelette : Seperate 3 eggs . Yolk from white.

Put in seperate bowls mix yolks then beat egg whites til they are stiff

Tip if stiff you should be able to turn bowl over your head and not get egg white all over you sweat_smile

Add salt pepper etc to yolk mixture.

Fold whites into yolk mix with a metal spoon.

Heat a bit margarine til melted into frying pan.

Pour mixture in and cook when nearly cooked add other stuff ie grated cheese , mushrooms and enjoy.

Another way mix 3 eggs together with a bit milk salt and pepper and cook in frying pan.

Another way break eggs straight into frying pan and stir with plastic spoon it will soon cook .

I am making myself hungry lol.

My dad used to make poached eggs by boiling water in a pan adding vinegar then crack egg into boiling water. I have tried but end up with a mess haha . 

Message 27 of 122

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@AnonymousI think you would be better having a jacket potato with beans wink 

Message 28 of 122

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How about fried eggy bread ... yummy ... no doubt @jonsie would serve it with HP sauce wink

On Sundays after a long walk in the pennines, us kids would (supervised by Mum) make egg soldiers (about an inch square), dip them in egg and roll them in grated cheese before shallow frying or grilling.  On special days, we might be lucky enough to stop off in Hawes for gammon and egg with chips instead.  Eggs seems to be common to the memorable meals.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 29 of 122

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Heyies Peeps,

Meh - Kind need help with something and you might find it funny laughing

How do you cook a darn "egg" thoughties i know bit of a stupid question butties i keep screwing uppies 

Is there like a way or putting it in a microwave or something I can never get it right sad face 😞

Thinking to myself how do i mess something simple up and go thru 26 eggs 

I am kinda a bad cook but an awesome takeaway orderer 

Thought I would like you take on this and what is the right and propa way 

EmoLMarrio

For fried eggs, make sure they are very fresh. For scrambled (easiest to not mess up) or omelette, it doesn't matter so much so long as they are in date (or not too far outside!). 

Good luck with soft boiled - the best I tried was to boil a BIG pan of water, then switch off the heat and put the eggs in it (2 to 4 at room temperature, not from the fridge) and leave for 4 minutes.  From the fridge it makes it more difficult to cook evenly apparently, and can lead to cracking and leaks.

There are as many different ways to boil eggs "perfectly" as there are chefs in a discussion.  I have read articles with times from 2 1/2 minutes to 7 minutes for set whites/ runny yolks.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 30 of 122