Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda Completely Off Topic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heyies Peeps,

Meh - Kind need help with something and you might find it funny laughing

How do you cook a darn "egg" thoughties i know bit of a stupid question butties i keep screwing uppies 

Is there like a way or putting it in a microwave or something I can never get it right sad face 😞

Thinking to myself how do i mess something simple up and go thru 26 eggs 

I am kinda a bad cook but an awesome takeaway orderer 

Thought I would like you take on this and what is the right and propa way 

EmoLMarrio

Message 1 of 122
121 REPLIES 121

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

For a soft-boiled egg, lower the egg into gently boiling water with a slotted spoon. Allow three and a half minutes for a medium-sized egg and four minutes for a large egg. The yolk will be runny and the white just set. Cook for a further minute if you like your soft boiled eggs a little firmer.

For a hard-boiled egg, start the egg in cold water and bring up to the boil. Once the water is gently boiling, set the timer for between 7-10 minutes depending on how well cooked you like your eggs. The longer you boil the egg, the firmer it will be.

Hope that helps you. Hard boiled egg grated in a bowl add mayo mix and lovely on a butty slight_smile

Message 2 of 122

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What style of egg do you want?
Boiled, poached, fried, scrambled, omelette ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 122

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to say it but it's the frist time battling with an egg thought it would be easy and not really sure, Mom does egg with soldiers.

But fried and omelette sound intresting tongue

@Poppysmum Thanka Chu 

Gotta start somewhere haha slight_smile

Message 4 of 122

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mom does egg with soldiers.

LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 122

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about fried eggy bread ... yummy ... no doubt @jonsie would serve it with HP sauce wink

Message 6 of 122

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Here you go but you might need more eggs to practice on wink
https://goop.com/food/tutorials/how-to-cook-an-egg/

Currently using:
Message 7 of 122

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mom does egg with soldiers.

LOL

Dam you @MI5 haha she makes it look so easy and yet its so nice mind you moms are the best :3 

Is there an egg school ??? joy

Edit - Thanka Chu for the link Cookie tho :-:

Message 8 of 122

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How about fried eggy bread ... yummy ... no doubt @jonsie would serve it with HP sauce wink

That sounds yummy an choclotate go with it ??? Ima thinking like pancake style thoughies tongue

Message 9 of 122

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Fried egg butties are the best with tomato sauce. I like poached eggs on toast. My husband is egg mad. joy

I have seen days when he could get through 6 a day. Two (fried) with a full English breakfast, Two (fried) when he has egg and chips.... and if he feels like a snack in between.. he will boil another couple (and have them with soldiers...)

Let's just say in this house he is the master at cooking eggs....any which way...cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 122