cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Fathers' Day today

Anonymous
Not applicable

My dear dad Roy, bless him, passed away January 2016 ... I couldn't wait to have a little food celebration for dad ... = ... I scoffed the milk chocolate Bounty Bar the day I bought it last week & the small bag of Maltezers which my mum (size 😎 likes ... your card dad is to be put on the kitchen windowsill amongst cat ornaments & my Mothers' Day card & card from my oldest friend MT in Oxford ... I chose your card carefully dad ... Mum is doing alright = Caroline is in charge ... I'm still up & down with the bi-polar etc, but a week today go over to see your eldest grandchild = son ... honeymoon pics & vids ... you weren't there dad, but my new daughter-in-law's family are very intelligent & sociable ... I've given Mum some pics ... the professional pics I hope to see in a weeks time, probably cheaper to get the cd

You'll be at peace in Heaven dad ... your star shines brightly down upon your loved ones XX heart XX

NB: my dad sucummed to prostrate cancer which went to his bones ... he was heavily dosed up on Morphine whilst in a superb nursing home ... Please Gentlemen Not Only Examine Yourselves, but have the cystoscopy, I know it doesn't look as easy as for a woman = I've had it ... = ... my dad refused that procedure years ago & now you know the outcome

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's a fact that too many men shy away from regular checks and some just bury their heads in the sand. 

One in eight men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetime and one in thirty nine will die. Please keep having regular checkups as @Anonymous says. 

Be strong Jane, we all miss parents when we get to a certain age but we always remember them and honour that memory in ways that make it easier. 

My boys have both been to visit me in hospital today and we were all in tears when they said they thought they had lost me earlier this year. I'm very grateful to be here sharing father's day with them. 

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's a fact that too many men shy away from regular checks and some just bury their heads in the sand. 

One in eight men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetime and one in thirty nine will die. Please keep having regular checkups as @Anonymous says. 

Be strong Jane, we all miss parents when we get to a certain age but we always remember them and honour that memory in ways that make it easier. 

My boys have both been to visit me in hospital today and we were all in tears when they said they thought they had lost me earlier this year. I'm very grateful to be here sharing father's day with them. 

thank you @jonsie for your post above  ^  ^  ^  ... I do have lots of funny memories of my dad Roy eg the time he caught his nipple in the pop riveter at work ... he caught the back of his white overalls on exiting the furnace during the 2 weeks the firm shut down for maintenance & produced a flap showing off his scarlet red nylon underpants & walked back to his office with aplomb ... he showed me how to play the spoons + musical comb (with paper) ... & ... that noise from trapped air when you placed your right hand in your left armpit & 'pumped' your right arm to make a rude noise ... = ... my mum wasn't amused ... there were other true funny stories too long to recount here ... they broke the mould after my dad was born slight_smile 

I'm delighted your 2 boys have been with you today ... tears are a release ... & ... can be shared

You're a lovely / loving man @jonsie & have a lovely / loving family x heart

Message 3 of 3