Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the spotlight: DinoF

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It's fast, the forth spotlight already. This week, we're featuring @DinoF

Dino is like many around here a gadget junkie and he can't wait to have Iphone 6 in his hands! So if you want to know anything about Apple devices Dino is your man wink

Join me and say hello and congratulations to him and below is some info from the man himself.

DinoF.jpg

Do you want to know more about Dino?

More info

My real name is Dino Frangos but most people know me as 'Deans' I have 2 younger brothers and a sister, I'm 42 (birthday in Feb - same day as old skool rock'n'roller Fats Domino!!), married with 2 kids (2 boys under 12), live in South London, work in city (stockbroking firm), and been with O2 for as long as I can remember (from the BT Cellnet days!!)

I'm a gadget junkie, have owned the iPhone 3G, 4, 5 and now pre-ordered the 6!! I always like to have my gadgets before anyone else so queued up for the launch of the Sega Dreamcast, Xbox 360 and also for the iPhone 4 (at stupid o clock in the morning!!) but now that I am older and wiser - I love my sleep more!!!

Before having kids, I travelled around Australia for a year, with my now wife!!  Highlights were buying and learning to play the didgeridoo, climbing up to the top of Ayers Rock at 5am in the morning (before it got too hot!), visiting Sydney Opera House and flying over a waterfall in a helicopter  - which had NO DOORS:Crazy_smiley:  Also hiring out a jeep and going cross country in the middle of nowhere (the Outback) - Australia is truly HUGE!!!!!!

Perfect Saturday night would be chilling at home with a few drinks!! Can't be bothered with the whole 'get ready to go out' thing - as they say, the new 'going out' is 'the new staying in'...(or something like that)!!!!!:cheers:

I am an avid poster on both Facebook and Twitter (@deans6571 - feel free to use my twitter profile pic if you need to!!!) and follow many tech 'gurus', sports people, celebs, etc to keep up with the gossip!!!

I am a Crystal Palace supporter and go along to some of their home games (even though we never do any good!!). I also like magic (seen Derren Brown a few times at the theatre) and also like to watch Dynamo on tv. I used to entertain my family at Xmas with my selections of coin and card tricks when I was younger and my claim to fame have been that I was filmed  for 15 mins,  singing (chanting!!) a Palace football song, with my bro and a mate (years ago!) but was a little dismayed that the tv spot was only literally for 5 seconds!!! Also, when I was at school, I used to go for privatre swimming lessons at a school and my swimming teacher was called 'Mr Brown'. I learned later in life in that 'Mr Brown' was indeed, the now famous, Derren Brown's father (Derren Brown went to the school where I had my swimming lessons!)!!

I like the community because I can find out about information that I would never be able to find out anywhere else!!! 

Best thing about the forums is that when I have questions that I need answering (stuff that Google can just not help with!!), no matter how simple or complicated, I can 100% guarantee I will get a good answer from the community members!!! 

I tend to keep several tabs, constantly open on my web browser , so that I can keep up to date on what is going on within the forums! The iPhone 6 pre-orders last week was a prime example! It was so interesting watching the forums and experiencing everyone's views and how they were completing their pre-orders!

I always like to keep a watch on these to be able to offer advice as well (if I know the answers!).

Below are some of our previous members in the Spotligh. You could be next by getting involved in the community!

If you would like to suggest someone for the weekly spotlight feel free to drop us a PM.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Interesting that you queued for the Dreamcast as well as the ultramodern gadgets! What games did you get with it on release?
Message 2 of 14

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MichaelL wrote:
Interesting that you queued for the Dreamcast as well as the ultramodern gadgets! What games did you get with it on release?

...nice 'Spotlight' !! Only just noticed that it has been posted so thanks to @Anonymous for choosing me and posting:smileywink:

As for the Dreamcast games, I remember that they were actually a couple which I didn't like!! One was a snowboarding game (which I never got into) and the other game - can't really remember it now Thoughful

Best moment on the Dreamcast for me was playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica - that game was AWSOME in its time. Also, remember playing MSR (Metropolis Street Racer) as well!  This was a racing game which was a prequel for Project Gotham Racing on the Xbox (both games were made by the same developer).

A little know fact about these 2 games: Metroplois Street Racer was given this name due to the size of the cities featured in the game and also because of the fact that 'Metropolis' is Superman's home.  When the developers released Project Gotham Racing (PGR) on the Xbox, they took the same idea - 'Gotham' being Batman's home.

Also loved the fact that you could play mini games on the memory cards, evebn when you pulled the out of the controllers + one of the AWSOME things about the Dreamcast was the ability to log on to a main Dreamcast portal (using the console's only capabilities - a first in its time) and download other people's saves to use in your game!!!

wink

Message 3 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Nice to meet you "Deans"

It was all going so well....... Palace supported indeed..... LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Exactly - Threw that game away along with the title hopes 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

....indeed - certainly not the best football team around but I will say this, they have THE best cheerleaders around!!!!!!! :

The Crystals 1.jpg

The Crystals 2.jpg

Fantastic

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
I can see your point(s) slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions