Did you mean: 

If I had a time machine...

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

If you could go back in time to witness an event from history what would it be? Would you like to know if the dinosaurs had feathers or scales? Would you go and find out who really shot JFK? Or watch England win the world cup in 1966? 

To avoid creating a temporal paradox lets assume our time machine only allows us to observe the past and not interact with anyone or change the outcome of any historical events. wink

time_travel.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well here's one I dug up 33 years earlier. The blue Peter capsule. I remember when they planted that. It wasn't supposed to be dug up for another 33 years
Message 2 of 27

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Aww, spoilsport @Martin-O2! I don't mind a temporal paradox if it means I can nip back to October 1945 and offer Fred Trump a supply of Durex! Smiley Very Happy

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144325 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'd like to go back to the Wild West.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Haha I saw that, they messed up big time! 

@Wa10 We have to protect the space-time continuum I'm afraid wink

@MI5 That would be fascinating, I'd watch a good old western gunfight! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 27

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'd nip back and pick up the loto numbers, then i could provide my entire family a comfy life.

Also provide a much needed cash injection to charity
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 27

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I think a lot of people would nip back a week and get the lotto numbers, I would wink

I'm fascinated with history so there's no end to where I would go.  Maybe I could woo Kylie Minogue before she became famous Smiley LOL

I'd like to observe the ancient cultures such as the egyptians pharoahs etc

Thanks

Steve
Message 7 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@welshsteve76Ahhh but...how would you have known anything about Kylie Minogue before she became famous...? See?? There are problems all round with that theory LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 27

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I would like to go back to Stonehenge times to prove the theorists wrong. Alternatively 1977 would be a good year to revisit, Queen and Freddie and Bowie in their prime, ManU stuffed Liverpool in the FA Cup Final and we had a glorious summer and street parties for Her Majesty...oh and I was a young man!

Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 144325 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Pah!! Stuffed?
2-1 iirc is hardly a stuffing tongue
Ah yes, I remember it was only 4 days later they won the European cup final 3-1 against Borussia so probably put out a second team LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 27