Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government loses Brexit Challenge.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The government must now seek parliamentary approval before triggering article 50 to leave the E.U

They lost the vote by 8-3

This means there must be a bill and an act of parliament before they begin the process..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38720320?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-po...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I'm not sure where you get that comment from @Anonymous, The pound has always been too high?? For years the pound has struggled against other currencies. The people complaining are the ones affected by it. A 20% drop in income because I live overseas. You need to think before making ill thought out comments.

Message 11 of 31

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
A typical pro-brexit comment with absolutely no thought for the bigger picture at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not ill thought out at all,our exports need help big time,we're now fairly priced into the market.

Why would anyone care about your income overseas?you dont help our economy at all by spending your money overseas,or is this all about you?

Message 13 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

How would you know exactly what 'our income is spent on overseas' and how 'we don't help the economy'?

You are making rash comments without any knowledge of the individuals whatsoever...

I suspect at my age I have helped UK economy more than most.

I will leave you to your ill informed ranting

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have to know any individuals to make an economic point,but the selfish attitudes of most expats is complaining about the affairs of a country they have abandoned.

Hey,lets all hope interest rates do a 90's and get to 15% so savers can swan it up at the ritz at the expense of everyone losing their homes.

Still will you weep when the Deutschemark euro crashes and expats of EU countries sit at street corners with begging bowls.

Message 15 of 31

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not ill thought out at all,our exports need help big time,we're now fairly priced into the market.

Why would anyone care about your income overseas?you dont help our economy at all by spending your money overseas,or is this all about you?

I've helped the UK economy for all my working years which number 50, probably a damn sight more than you. Who are you to say I don't support the UK economy. If you had a modicum of knowledge about the UK tax system you would be aware that having paid into a system during those years you receive a pension. Those of us who are sensible also paid into a private pension. Whilst we have paid umpteen thousands of pounds to help the likes of the unemployed and those too idle to work, the sick and the disabled do you not comprehend that retired people are still paying tax on their pensions wherever they live in the world? Therefore we are still supporting the UK economy!  How dare you tell me where to spend my money that I've worked for. My God, you sir are more than ill informed!

Message 16 of 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Actually it is ill though, we import more than we export and always have, plus anyone who goes on a holiday ever will see less purchasing power per £ than at any time in the euro history as well as lowest dollar value for some looong time, especially when everything we import outside of our EU tariff will be dependent on dollar.
Message 17 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Currently in Spain. Never seen such a low exchange rate.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
What did you get this time?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Currently its 1.13e if you buy in the UK. However, I usually find it's better in Spain.

All that said I wont be using it this time.... as I bought some via Travelex during one of their 'Happy Hour' events in January. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 31