Did you mean: 

Goodbye to Flash!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Just read an article on TechCrunch about Adobe Flash. Apparently they will attempt to 'say goodbye to Flash' - it will be phased out by the year 2020. The decision was also made partly due to the fact that it was never supported on mobile.

What do you think??

However, "it’s worth remembering that it played a pivotal role in bringing video and gaming to the web, for example." I remember those early web games using flash. grin

You can read the whole thing here.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Even more reason for o2 to redesign their business portal then. wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Martin-O2 this needs feeding back asap knowing the lead time for fixes @MI5 perhaps in the ideas section post 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

However, "it’s worth remembering that it played a pivotal role in bringing video and gaming to the web, for example." I remember those early web games using flash. grin

You can read the whole thing here.

Not on a 56k modem connecting at 34k it didn't. Somehow bypassed me those flash games/videos then again I was using these weird Unix machines (ok Sun Solaris ones) where you discover the web standards was defined by lazy web developers as being Internet Explorer specific. Sadly there is a rather large banking organisation that insists on using IE for its (business) internet banking (Edge -> IE mode!). But I digress. Flash becomes another tombstone on the internet. 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I use it on my laptop and apparently it will still be supported for various devices. I had an update only yesterday and it works well.....However, if its being phased out I will replace it ....so can anyone suggest anything better for my HP laptop?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

no need to replace the new browsers support the things going to replace it like html5 no user action should be needed ! It is the developers that need to change how they encode the old flash content to the newer standards .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Martin-O2 this needs feeding back asap knowing the lead time for fixes @MI5 perhaps in the ideas section post 

Already fed back @adamtemp64Cat Wink

Message 7 of 7