Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glastonbury 2017

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Have deliberately left it a few weeks to allow the unlucky ones to get over their disappointment, but hopefully it shouldn't be quite so raw now....so, who was lucky and managed to get tickets?

After 3 hours of frustration a few weeks ago, I managed to bag mine. Smiley Very Happy If any of you guys are going, would be happy to buy you a pint and the Cider Bus and have a catch up. slight_smile

What do you all think of the rumoured headliners and couple of confirmed acts so far?

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

I certainly hope there's no repeat @adamtemp64! Keep your fingers crossed for decent weather, as it was flooding and weather releated access issues which caused much of last years chaos.

Don't envy you trying to traverse the area during the festival at all - at least once I'm there I'm there, and I don't have to worry about the roads again until the Monday morning. Coach there and back too, as I'm not sure there will be enough blood left in my alcohol to let me drive home, haha. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 21 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

At last, it's here!!!

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017

Lots of horrible clashes, but some lovely surprises. Not one of the "big" names by any stretch, however the Bootleg's on the Pyramid should be one hell of a show! I saw them play the Liverpool Phil a number of years ago, and the atmosphere was electric. grin Who can resist a singalong to the Beatles? 

Message 22 of 59

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I've seen the Bootlegs a few time and they always put on a good show. Enjoy 😊

Message 23 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The Bootleg Beatles are an excellent band. I have also seen them a couple of times and been impressed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Cheers @jonsie and @Cleoriff. slight_smile They always play, but usually it's just in the Acoustic tent - I guess they're making something big of the 50th anniversary of Sgt Pepper - cracking start to the Saturday morning.

Liam Gallagher has also just snook onto the poster, I love line-up day! grin

Message 25 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

My daughter in law got onto the resale site. All the way through to payment.. put her card details in and website crashed. Lost out. My son is gutted. He has been going to Glastonbury for years and years....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 59

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It's a bugger when you miss out on tickets. I bet there are plenty of overpriced tickets on pirate Bay! 

Message 27 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen the Bootleg Beatles once, they were brilliant! Happy Dance

Message 28 of 59

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I hope the fans get this info in time http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-2017-7-changes-security-93952 or eles it will be chaos in the area 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Thanks for this @adamtemp64 It will be mayhem anyway.....My lad goes every year and they, like everyone else, take a full car load of stuff to last the 4-5 days. You live close by. Prepare yourself for even worse queues than ever.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 59