Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glastonbury 2017

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Have deliberately left it a few weeks to allow the unlucky ones to get over their disappointment, but hopefully it shouldn't be quite so raw now....so, who was lucky and managed to get tickets?

After 3 hours of frustration a few weeks ago, I managed to bag mine. Smiley Very Happy If any of you guys are going, would be happy to buy you a pint and the Cider Bus and have a catch up. slight_smile

What do you all think of the rumoured headliners and couple of confirmed acts so far?

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

He wont need help @Wa10. He has every family member logged on to various devices ready to press buy if that option comes up. Smiley Very Happy

A bit like me last year when The Prodigy came to Birmingham. I had 3 ticket sites open as well as the Prodigy website. I was also in Spain. Clock ticked round to 9am and I was in and bought 4. My friend tried 3 minutes later and they were all sold ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Haha, love it! 

For this years Glasto, due to a combination of poor planning, I was parked up in a layby at the side of the road with phone, tablet and laptop tethered too lol. Thought I'd blown it, but got lucky. And as the rumours and announcements start to creep in I'm so glad I did.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 12 of 59

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Waterproof walking boots are by far the safer option that wellies, that mud has a nasty habit of swallowing wellies and leaving you on one foot with a sock in the air, or even worse face down in it, haha! 

Message 14 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Well there are definitely a few surprise inclusions, as well as some totally unexpected omissions...but that's all part of the Glasto fun!

Lots more still to come too, but the excitement is starting to build nicely now. grin

C953CROP.png

Message 15 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Really not impressed with that line up if honest. I like the Foo Fighters and Radiohead...but there does seem to be a real lack of headliners. It certainly isnt an age thing as I usually like 70% of the acts when my lad goes. When you think they had The Who and The Rolling Stones recently, there is no group or artiste of that calibre.

A bit bland in my opinion. ...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 59

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Really not impressed with that line up if honest. I like the Foo Fighters and Radiohead...but there does seem to be a real lack of headliners. It certainly isnt an age thing as I usually like 70% of the acts when my lad goes. When you think they had The Who and The Rolling Stones recently, there is no group or artiste of that calibre.

A bit bland in my opinion. ...:smileywink:

I just read the list and it sounds like a nice blast from the past, if that makes sense. grin Lots of stuff I used to listen to. Goldfrapp! Happy Dance Do you think all tickets are gone already or can I still try??

Message 17 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

It's certainly not the line up I was expecting, but at this stage it's far from complete and there will be dozens more big names thrown into the mix over the coming weeks. The Blossoms being one that popped up literally the same day as the poster was announced!

It's not the headliners and the big names I go for anyway, it's the smaller unknowns often found playing under a tree/gazebo who can really make the festival. Proper, raw talent that's undiscovered.

@Marjo The main sale was back in October (balances paid on Saturday), however there will shortly be a re-sale of all of the tickets cancelled or where balances weren't paid. Get yourself registered and take your chances in the re-sale...I'd be happy to buy you a pint from the cider bus. grin

Message 18 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

This time in 4 weeks, I will be en-route to the biggest party in the UK. grin

Bag packed, vodka infusions at the ready and sunshire ordered. wink 

Some cracking announcements since I last posted....and has anybody any idea what Emily's big surprise is? Lots of rumours, but most incredibly far fetched! Although if any of them turn out to be true I will be delighted. slight_smile

Message 19 of 59

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I had forgot about this I work only approx 5 miles from the site and the nearest train station Castle Cary is on my comute and route out of the yard on my daily rounds looks like it will be late days for me during the build up and arrival of the crowds and the exedus.

But it will be even worse for the crews serving the mendip area as the have to collect from the houses in the area! I hope no repeat of the 2016 Travel issues http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-36594006

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 20 of 59