Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Well Soon Jonsie :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Some of you will know that our Jonsie/Steve  (one of the longest serving members of this forum and friend to many) .....was involved in a serious car accident in Thailand on Monday 20th February. He suffered head, chest and leg injuries and was being nursed on a ventilator

Due to the instability of his condition and the fact we weren't sure of the prognosis. I didn't post openly.. even though I had 'written' permission from the family.

Instead I contacted a lot of people via private message and other routes. It was agreed by myself and O2 management that I could post when Jonsie's condition started to improve.

Thankfully that day has arrived.

Steve has two sons who travelled to Thailand to be with their dad this weekend. I have received messages (and a picture) showing that he is now off the ventilator, sitting up in bed and managing Jonsie type conversations with his lads. (In between sleeping a lot which will be due to the pain relief he is receiving)

So great news.

If anyone wants to add good wishes please do so on this thread. (Even if you have sent them to me privately before) I will get them to Steve

As a nurse, I firmly believe in medicine and science. Due to the recovery Steve has made since his sons arrival at his bedside ...I also believe in the power of love.  

Continue getting well Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 242
241 REPLIES 241

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Just read that post and I am wondering how you are even awake @jonsie!!!
Having spent a (small) amount of time in hospitals for one thing or another (but nothing anywhere near that), it does not sound like you are receiving what you could say was insufficent care. I don't even think animals would be being treated like that here!
I would suggest you get in contact with the good ol' Supervet to see what he can do for your leg!

And good luck getting shipped back here - I'll see what some friends at DHL logistics can do about getting you crated back over...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 81 of 242

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

An update

Well tomorrow evening I should be in North Manchester hospital being assessed for admission and treatment. The flight home is going to be very challenging as I still can't get into or out of a wheelchair unaided. 

I do have a medical team to accompany me to Bangkok airport but I don't know if any special provisions have been made with Finland. 

My son will be driving the ambulance 🚑 that picks me up at Manchester airport and I feel very lucky to have my two boys who have made this possible. 

And not to forget all you guys on here including ALL the admin team, you too @Toby, who have supported and helped me through one of the darkest periods of my life. Thank you guys, there were times I wanted to,  and very nearly did, die. I've come a long way since my sons were told to get to Thailand because I wouldn't survive 24 hours. There is a long way to go but thanks again to everyone for their wonderful support. 

Message 82 of 242

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Great news Steve.
All the best for a safe journey.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 83 of 242

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

An update

Well tomorrow evening I should be in North Manchester hospital being assessed for admission and treatment. The flight home is going to be very challenging as I still can't get into or out of a wheelchair unaided. 

I do have a medical team to accompany me to Bangkok airport but I don't know if any special provisions have been made with Finland. 

My son will be driving the ambulance 🚑 that picks me up at Manchester airport and I feel very lucky to have my two boys who have made this possible. 

And not to forget all you guys on here including ALL the admin team, you too @Toby, who have supported and helped me through one of the darkest periods of my life. Thank you guys, there were times I wanted to,  and very nearly did, die. I've come a long way since my sons were told to get to Thailand because I wouldn't survive 24 hours. There is a long way to go but thanks again to everyone for their wonderful support. 

Fantastic news @jonsie. And good luck at North Manchester Hospital, I'll be thinking of you.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 84 of 242

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Great to hear, good luck Steve
Message 85 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news Steve ... wishing you a safe journey xx

Message 86 of 242

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie

Good news !

But have you thought this through ?......make sure you get a seat near the toilet as Bangkok to Manchester is more than a bladder full Crazy LOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 87 of 242

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
I'll be taking a water bottle and maybe too much info,but they make pampers for adults, which I've had to use for three and a half months. I shall be wearing one tomorrow in case of emergency. One of the things I have missed is sitting on a toilet reading a book or newspaper. Sorry.....
Message 88 of 242

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So all exits are covered.....very well thought out.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 89 of 242

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 90 of 242