Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Well Soon Jonsie :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Some of you will know that our Jonsie/Steve  (one of the longest serving members of this forum and friend to many) .....was involved in a serious car accident in Thailand on Monday 20th February. He suffered head, chest and leg injuries and was being nursed on a ventilator

Due to the instability of his condition and the fact we weren't sure of the prognosis. I didn't post openly.. even though I had 'written' permission from the family.

Instead I contacted a lot of people via private message and other routes. It was agreed by myself and O2 management that I could post when Jonsie's condition started to improve.

Thankfully that day has arrived.

Steve has two sons who travelled to Thailand to be with their dad this weekend. I have received messages (and a picture) showing that he is now off the ventilator, sitting up in bed and managing Jonsie type conversations with his lads. (In between sleeping a lot which will be due to the pain relief he is receiving)

So great news.

If anyone wants to add good wishes please do so on this thread. (Even if you have sent them to me privately before) I will get them to Steve

As a nurse, I firmly believe in medicine and science. Due to the recovery Steve has made since his sons arrival at his bedside ...I also believe in the power of love.  

Continue getting well Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 242
241 REPLIES 241

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
So,ya fella completely got rid of your bush?
Is nothing sacred these days...
Message 181 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Ah but.....the jasmine he razed to the ground is having it's revenge. It started to grow shoots from the stump he left and is now blending in nicely with the new bushes I planted when I thought all was lost....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 182 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for flowers in vases images

flowers for @jonsie xx Hug

Message 183 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for sang som images

Related image

Message 184 of 242

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Even more homesick now :smileysad:Cat

Strangely enough I am still in my pyjamas but it didn't stop me going outside in the glorious sunshine and 25°C heat 😉😂😂

Message 185 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @jonsie ... I didn't mean to make you more homesick Sad

If I can't get a lift part-way to you via a mutual friend of ours ... then I'll get as near as I can to you by train then bus / taxi ... it'll be the only chance I'll ever get to meet you ... this is important to me heart you can give me a tour of the hospital gardens ... will you please let me know when I can make visiting arrangements ?

The Wonder Of Jonsie ... I believe @Cleoriff said that of you 

You're A Hero Of Mine Hero Cat 

Message 186 of 242

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I was only joking about being more homesick Jane 😀

I will have to get back to you Jane about visiting because next week I'm supposed to go to Hope Hospital (Salford Royal) for an operation on my leg but I'm not sure if that's a definite or just a maybe.

I've no idea how long I'll be there but I'm supposed to come back to North Manchester Hospital for recovery and recuperation. Again I don't know when or if it's definite.

I will certainly get back to you and Alvin as soon as I know for certain and where I will be Hug 

Message 187 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the name of the hospital in Salford ... = ... Hope Hospital ... when / where you go have the op ... hope all goes well for you when the time comes

When you are in recovery / recuperation afterwards, back at North Manchester hospital, maybe a good idea to come & see you then ?

Thank you for putting my mind at ease ... I was uncomfortable about making you more homesick 

Flowers for @jonsie xx

Image result for sunflower images

Message 188 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

A quick update

@jonsieeventually went to theatre this afternoon for assessment and treatment of his badly fractured leg.

No news as yet, but I expect he will be very groggy post op...and probably has no access to his phone!

Hope to hear something tomorrow... so wishing him all the luck in the world heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 189 of 242

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff for the update. Glad to hear @jonsie finally had the op and I hope all went well.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 190 of 242