cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game of Thrones inbound! (beware of spoilers!)

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

I’ve been waiting so long for season 7 to drop and it was so far away I kinda lost track of the date and the next thing I know it’s only next week! From the couple of trailers they have released it looks like it’s going to top previous seasons in terms of scale and quality!

So, is anyone else going to be watching and do you have any predictions for season 7?

Oh please use spoiler tags for any predictions for the benefit of those who aren’t up to date :smilywink: 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's all become beyond my comprehension since series 3. I enjoyed the first two series bit as with all long running series, dons tin hat as this is purely my personal opinion, writers seem to go overboard with the complexity of plots in order to keep viewers riveted. 

In many cases it just about works and to me this is one such case. Other series go well past their expiry date but we buy into thinking yes, this is good, the TV critic likes it so I need to.

There are many series that never get stale, the characters, the plots, the writers etc. But we all know many, usually of American 🇺🇸 origin, that should have been resigned to bin after the first couple of series. 

• Dallas
  • The 100
  • Under the Dome
  • Dexter
  • Elementary

All shows when storylines got more ludicrous by the episode. I'm sure you can add your own to this by no means exhaustive list.... haven't even touched on the soaps yet! 

A good series will leave you wanting more and thank god we are all different. 

More info
Yep they tend to end my personal favourites after one or two series so fans of Got get your fill Cheers
I certainly agree with you about the 100 and Under the Dome. I found The 100 ludicrous midway through season 2. And Under the Dome went south after Stephen King left the production. What really annoyed me was it began to stray so far from the book which was one of my favourite Stephen King novels.

I can't comment on Elementary as I've only started watching season 1 on Pick.

I own the complete series of Dexter which I loved even though it became more and more bizarre.

Loved Dallas as well even the re-booted series. But I do like occasional 'trash' TV.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless it turns up on terrestrial television, there's no chance I'll ever get to see it Smiley Indifferent

I did see Kit Harington appear in a West End production of Doctor Faustus, and it reminded me how good theatre is compared to the big screen. He's a good looking actor, which is obviously a large part of his appeal, but his wasn't the best performance on the night, and maybe his experience lends itself more to television.

Apparently, he'll be earning more than a million dollars an episode in series 7 Smiley Surprised

Message 22 of 62

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I agree a lot of shows get a bit lost after the first few seasons but with GoT they planned one large story from the start so it's got some good progression and doesn't feel like there searching for ideas. 

Personally I can't wait to find out what happens this season slight_smile 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 23 of 62

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I watched the first episode of the new season at 2am last night and thought it was great. Season 5 was a bit of a dud but the last few episodes of season 6 are really ramping things up for a big finish this time around. Obviously I don't want to post spoilers but I'm very excited about some of the things that are happening right now!
Message 24 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall be watching tonight Bouncy

Is this the last series of GOT?

Message 25 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hope theres plenty of nudity in it.......oops did i say that out loud!!   Smiley Embarassed

Message 26 of 62

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7212 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
You did @Anonymous grin ( dont have a televison so dont think I'll watch it only use bbc iplayer on laptop
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 27 of 62

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MichaelL Same, I really enjoyed the first episode and I like how the pace has really picked up! 

@Anonymous One more season after this one so not a lot of episodes left. 

@Anonymous I think that's a given in this show although winter is here so perhaps people will be wearing a bit more Smiley Very Happy

Teaser for the next ep below! 

signature

Message 28 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really luvved the 1st episode ... Bouncy ... looking forward to the 2nd 

Message 29 of 62

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Me too @Anonymous! I'll be watching as early as possible to avoid spoilers. There all over social media on Mondays slight_frown

signature

Message 30 of 62