Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

France To Ban Mobiles in Schools

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Probably a good idea in theory, but will it work in practice?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-school-mobile-phone-ban-use-smartphones-studen...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Probably a good idea in theory, but will it work in practice?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-school-mobile-phone-ban-use-smartphones-studen...

Na when i was in school i got away with murder and a phone in words is a life line haha i dont see the ban lasting if banning phones then why not teachers lol not sure what i learnt at school can be used in real life anyways 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0

Anyways who would want to miss a call like this over a silly ban 

d85.jpg

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it’s a good idea as then children can focus on their education. Pay as you go phones were at the very beginning of being a normal item when I was leaving school. We were allowed to bring them in but either keep them locked away or give them to the teachers 

Message 3 of 19

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

A really good idea. Back when I was in school they were strictly forbidden too. If they got seen, the teacher collected them and parents had to pick them up at the headteacher's office.

But why "up to the age of 15"? It should be all around school, no matter what age. In lessons you can use a calculator and a dictionary instead of google.

How did my parents survive back then w/o phones?

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I'm not sure a total ban would work @Bambino. I would agree they should never be used in the classrom and in some schools children flout those rules...though there are ways to implement a 'no mobile in classroom' rule.

If anyone is caught using their mobiles then the phones would be confiscated.

Even the headteachers In France doubt such a ban would work. 

Like it or not, mobiles are part of todays society. I think it's up to the individual school  to restrict use as they see fit.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Human race evolves # generation thing

Ban in school ban them in all various Areas to include out in public and in jobs including landline haha silly ban

Kids need a phone it is a horrible world after all just depends on use ...
Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ban in school ban them in all various Areas to include out in public and in jobs including landline haha silly ban

I think you are missing the point @Anonymous We have a responsibilty to teach our children when they are at school. They are not there to play on mobiles during lesson periods. 

At work it's a completely different matter. They may be required as part of the job they are doing. My youngest son is not allowed his mobile in his place of work. It has to be stored in his locker until his break times.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you are missing the point @Anonymous We have a responsibilty to teach our children when they are at school. They are not there to play on mobiles during lesson periods. 

At work it's a completely different matter. They may be required as part of the job they are doing. My youngest son is not allowed his mobile in his place of work. It has to be stored in his locker until his break times.

@Cleoriff 

Yes there is a for and against tho what’s for the greater good ???

kid near death no phone staff can’t find them hmm just an example and it can stop learning but can also  enhance it 

again silly ban ... works no different as you have a work phone of which I have seen my use when not really meant to so yeah 

silly ban ban in my mind 

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I give up the world is upside down and nuts 

Message 9 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually I give up the world is upside down and nuts 

Can't argue with that !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 19