Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula1 2016

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Channel 4 has taken over the terrestrial viewing for Formula 1 after BBC opted out of the contract.

I love F1 and am a bit dubious as to how successful this will be. However they have stated there will be no adverts during race time (thank god)

Yesterday they officially revealed the presenting team......

David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Alain Prost, Alex Zanardi, Susie Wolff, Karun Chandhok, Eddie Jordan and Bruno Senna; alongside seasoned live presenters and journalists Steve Jones, Ben Edwards and Lee McKenzie.

It also says Guy Martin will be making appearances

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-unveils-expert-formula-1-presenting-team

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 1,991
1,990 REPLIES 1,990

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I believe the changes in information are with regards to other drivers, whether team members or information as to how other drivers are pitting or changing tyres etc?

Message 71 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes...and I know he is talking from a World Champion perspective.....but he must mean it... as it was said on air and he risks those remarks coming back to haunt him ...if he doesn't do well and wants info about Nico...:smileywink:

We heard him last year criticising his team about wrong decisions which cost him the race...I think he is hoping to shut them up.

Toto Wolff said at the end of qualy...'People can say what they like about Lewis...but that brilliant performance shows why he is the best in the world'....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I believe the changes in information are with regards to other drivers, whether team members or information as to how other drivers are pitting or changing tyres etc?

1. Acknowledgement that a driver's message has been heard.

2. Indication of a critical problem with the car, any message of this sort may only be used if failure of a component or system is imminent and potential terminal.

3. Information concerning damage to the car.

4. Instructions to select driver defaults for the sole purpose of mitigating loss of function of a sensor, actuator or controller whose degradation or failure was not detected and handled by the on-board software. In according with Article 8.2.4, any new setting chosen in this way must not enhance the performance of the car beyond that prior to the loss of function.

5. Instruction to enter the pit lane in order to fix or retire the car.

6. Indication of a problem with a competitor's car.

7. Marshalling information (red flag, blue flag, yellow flag, safety car, virtual safety car, race start aborted or other similar instructions or information from race control).

8. Passing on message from race control (this would exclude a countdown to the start of the formation lap and telling a driver that the last car has taken up position on the grid at the end of the formation lap).

9. Wet track, oil or debris in certain corners.

10. Weather information.

11. Information concerning the driver's own laptime or sector times.

12. Laptime detail of a competitor.

13. Helping with warning of traffic and gaps to other competitors during a practice session or race.

14. Instructions to swap positions with other drivers.

15. Number of laps or time remaining during a practice session or a race.

16. Position during a practice session or a race.

17. 'Push hard', 'Push now', 'You will be racing xx', 'take it easy' or similar (you are reminded about suspected use of coded messages when giving these messages or any words of encouragement).

18. When to enter the pits (or go to the grid during reconnaissance laps), any message of this sort may only be used if a driver is to enter the pits on that lap.

19. Reminders to use the speed limiter, change tyre settings to match the tyres fitted to the car or to check for white lines, bollards, weighbridge lights when entering or leaving the pits.

20. Driving breaches by team driver or competitors, e.g. missing chicanes, running off track, time penalty will be applied etc.

21. Notification that DRS is enabled or disabled.

22. Dealing with a DRS system failure.

23. Oil transfer.

24. Test sequence information during practice sessions, e.g. aero-mapping.

The items removed are:

• Tyre choice at the next pit stop
  • Number of laps a competitor has done on a set of tyres during the race
  • Tyre specification of a competitor
  • Information concerning a competitor's likely race strategy
  • Safety Car window
  • Change of front wing position at the next pit stop
  • Reminders about track limits

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/revealed-the-full-scope-of-f1-s-tighter-radio-limits-680115/

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 73 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
And there it was.......gone

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-teams-agree-to-ditch-elimination-qualifying-680926/

Now all they have to do is ditch Bernie !
Message 74 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
And all F1 cars must now have a waste bin fitted in the cockpit.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-drivers-prohibited-from-throwing-visor-tear-off-strips-on-track...
Message 75 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Tomorrow will tell how this will all pan out. At present and pre-race I think damn good job.

Let drivers drive. Using their own skill and intuition instead of being instructed what to do by the team/computers.

It will sort the men out from the boys I think. ...(Though I reserve the right to change my mind) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
And there it was.......gone

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-teams-agree-to-ditch-elimination-qualifying-680926/

Now all they have to do is ditch Bernie !

Thank god for that....it was just so boring to watch, complicated to understand and unfair in my opinion.......

Anyway I must away to bed. I have to be up at 4.30am....(why don't they tell us the ACTUAL time of race start instead of programme start) ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 77 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Change to a basic 4 cylinder 2 litre turbo, manual 6 speed gearbox, remove all telemetry, radio comms and revert to pit board comms only.

THAT will sort the men from the boys.
Message 78 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Change to a basic 4 cylinder 2 litre turbo, manual 6 speed gearbox, remove all telemetry, radio comms and revert to pit board comms only.

THAT will sort the men from the boys.

Nah...thats a bit of a return to the dark ages ......:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ermmmm.......

That's all I am saying about that start......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 80 of 1,991