Did you mean: 

Formula 1 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Starting a new thread (before the last one gets split again)...:smileytongue:

It is 2018, The year of the Halo... Like it or hate it, it will be implemented as part of new FIA rules

None of the 2018 cars have been revealed yet (that happens in February) but this is how it will look

Image result for Fi Mercedes cars with Halo

Most drivers' aren't keen but are having to toe the party line...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 690
689 REPLIES 689

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Ferrari are the first team to announce the unveiling of their new car for 2018. It's February 22nd and will be shown online. No other teams have announced their reveal dates yet (Hurry up Mercedes!!)

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12430/11203417/formula-1-in-2018-new-car-unveilings-and-launch-date...

FerrariFebruary 22Online
WilliamsTo be confirmed 
McLarenTo be confirmed 
MercedesTo be confirmed 
HaasTo be confirmed 
Toro RossoTo be confirmed 
Force IndiaTo be confirmed 
RenaultTo be confirmed 
Red BullTo be confirmed 
SauberTo be confirmed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 690

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Formula 1 doesn't really excite me anymore. They need to remove the DRS system as it is a fake way of overtaking.

Too many stupid rules, particularly the grid penalties.  That system is just a farce.

Also the lack of consistency when it comes to rule braking i.e. the stewards seem blinkered when it comes to enforcing rules that have been broken by the bigger teams, particularly Ferrari, as opposed to the same situation for the smaller teams.

The additional "sweetener" payments Ferrari receive, along with their veto powers are just wrong.

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I must say I agree with some of your comments @welshsteve76. I've watched it since the 60's and although I liked it then, I do enjoy it more now.

Re grid penalties.....hopefully it will become less farcical as all teams are only allowed 3 engines for the whole season so it had to be reviewed

From now on, any driver that earns a penalty over 15 grid places, which is the equivalent of taking three extra new elements for the first time, will simply have to start from the back of the grid.(Instead of 'the dark side of the moon') Rolleys

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133466/f1-tweaks-grid-penalty-system-for-2018

Of course others have suggested the team should take the penalty not the driver....but then you would have a situation where the 'poorer' teams would just go out of business.

I also totally agree with the preference shown to Ferrari every single time..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Oh I can't wait. So Mercedes are revealing their car on the same day as Ferrari...cool

Merc reveal.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 690

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh I can't wait. So Mercedes are revealing their car on the same day as Ferrari...cool

Merc reveal.JPG

Coincidentally of course 😉 

Message 15 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well the best team car will never knowingly be outshone by the 'Great Pretenders' joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Saw this. It made me laugh. It's so true Dance

Formula 1 v Football....

Image may contain: one or more people, meme and text

That was Fernando Alonso 2 years ago. Horrific crash.

He said afterwards "I knew I had to get out quick as my Mother was watching" heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 690

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's quite true, something that annoys the heck out of all football supporters. Perhaps Alonso clipped him when the car was rolling? Anyway Arsenal are programmed to act that way but the main problem about it is seeing the 10 year old kids imitating everything these hard and tough footballers do

Message 18 of 690

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's quite true, something that annoys the heck out of all football supporters. Perhaps Alonso clipped him when the car was rolling? Anyway Arsenal are programmed to act that way but the main problem about it is seeing the 10 year old kids imitating everything these hard and tough footballers do

I'm not much of a footie fan ... other than big tournaments ... however ... these overpaid footballers are role models for the kids ... something, as I see it, most footballers don't seem to care about

Message 19 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Alonso has been a favourite driver of mine for years. Not THE favourite obviously but a great driver nonetheless. When he hit that barrier, every fan watching thought he was seriously injured or worse. Then he emerged from the debris and we all could breathe again... whilst showing nothing but admiration for the courage of a brilliant F1 driver...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 690