Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of BST tonight (Clocks Back)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just a reminder that your clocks go BACK tonight as the end of British Summer Time. (well 2am Sunday morning)

We get an extra hour in bed. Apart from those working nights....who have the 'pleasure' of working an extra hour

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/uk/london?year=2017

Image result for images of clock going back an hour

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6980 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Was remembering thanks for the heads up @Cleoriff slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 2 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff. Apart from my watches and alarm clock everything else - phone, tablet and telly - will automatically go back one hour. I love technology 😁
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have no clocks or even a watch to put back.... 

I only know what day it is by looking at my phone! 

Since I've been hack in the UK it's been hard work trying to educate my wife that Thailand 🇹🇭 is 6 hours ahead. I mean how difficult is it to subtract 6 from whatever time it is there? She doesn't use the 24 hour clock but heck, if it's afternoon there it's morning here! 

Now we will be 7 hours ahead I'm expecting calls at all times of the early morning. She tends to send me messages when she gets up at 8 or 9 her time. 

Why don't Apple do a dual clock as standard? I need someone to download an app for her.....  

Message 4 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Since I've been hack in the UK it's been hard work trying to educate my wife that Thailand 🇹🇭 is 6 hours ahead. I mean how difficult is it to subtract 6 from whatever time it is there? She doesn't use the 24 hour clock but heck, if it's afternoon there it's morning here! 

Now we will be 7 hours ahead I'm expecting calls at all times of the early morning. She tends to send me messages when she gets up at 8 or 9 her time. 

Why don't Apple do a dual clock as standard? I need someone to download an app for her.....  

As a kid I had huge trouble understanding time differences and which way to turn the clock. As you say in your Thailand example, "6 hours ahead". The word "ahead" would have confused me as it sounds like it's 6 hours "more" than over here. So naturally I would add 6 hours. My friends still make fun of me. LOL

I agree with @Glory1, so glad technology is there to help with this. grin 

Message 5 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
When I said I love technology it was time saving aspect. I don't have to adjust my telly, my DVR (I forgot that), my phone or my tablet. They all automatically adjust to compensate for Summer Time or GMT.

I've never had trouble with which way the clocks went, forward or back. Being American 'Spring forward' and 'Fall back' were always very helpful. Now, of course I say Autumn not Fall but at my age it's permanently etched into my memory

As for time differences between countries I admit I can't remember all the time differences country to country. Apart from the USA, of course. But that excludes Alaska and Hawaii - can never remember the time differences. But I do understand the premise of 'ahead' and 'behind'.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Now she will be 7 hours ahead I'm expecting calls at all times of the early morning. She tends to send me messages when she gets up at 8 or 9 her time. 

As a kid I had huge trouble understanding time differences and which way to turn the clock. As you say in your Thailand example, "6 hours ahead". The word "ahead" would have confused me as it sounds like it's 6 hours "more" than over here. So naturally I would add 6 hours. My friends still make fun of me. LOL

I agree with @Glory1, so glad technology is there to help with this. grin 

I've just noticed my error in my post... 

Should be she is 7 hours ahead 😔

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I always remember it by Spring Forward and Fall Back as well. However whilst technology is wonderful and my phone and PC reset normally there are other clocks in this house. Most rooms, alarm clocks, Microwave and Oven have clock/timers.

When my grandson was playing for a local football team I always reminded the coach. No good turning up for a match an hour early or late...Crazy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8