Dogs come when called / Cats have ansaphones

Cats crap / Dogs doody

Dogs have masters / Cats have staff / All pigs are equal tongue Bouncy LOL

Message 1 of 1,122
1,121 REPLIES 1,121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Although dogs are unable to detect tumors.....apparently cats can!!!

I believe so @Anonymous slight_smile

animals come into hospitals/care homes etc to have that something I can't describe for the welfare of the patients/residents ..... maybe @Cleoriff has some input here

my dad would love a lap-cat but ..... he's allus said they give you unconditional love

I do know when I'm feeling one of my 'Stop the World I wan't to Get Off' moments it's my snuggable / loveable big cat Marty who sorts me out, there is something therapeutic in holding an animal close = ones with with a furry coat

WispaRed7 xo novice tech Cat

Message 91 of 1,122

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Dogs detect tumours and other conditions. Many dogs have been trained by experts  to detect when someone is about to have a seizure....or go into a diabetic coma...Recently they have started a programme of training certain selected dogs to detect the cancer gene....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was actually a joke...."Although dogs are unable to detect tumors.....apparently cats can (cat scan)"!!!

I do believe however that animals can detect things that humans can't......all very interesting.

Message 93 of 1,122

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It was actually a joke...."Although dogs are unable to detect tumors.....apparently cats can (cat scan)"!!!

I do believe however that animals can detect things that humans can't......all very interesting.

Of course it was @Anonymous  but I went with Wispared on this one....:smileytongue: and thought I would bore folk to death with another piece of  'medical news' LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 94 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Of course it was @Anonymous  but I went with Wispared on this one....:smileytongue: and thought I would bore folk to death with another piece of  'medical news' LOL

I actually find it interesting @Cleoriff 

Message 95 of 1,122

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I agree it is fascinating @Anonymous . I always tend to watch anything on TV that spreads the word on medical innovation....and read as much as I can. if I had my time again I may have started in nursing as before....but then branched into medical research. (though that sort of career is very isolated) ....

Having said all of the above...I do watch Noel Fitzpatrick (the supervet) and stand in awe at his research and  development used primarily to help animals. The man is a legend...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 1,122

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Ooh I Love Supervet. Even tho I bubble most of the way through it lol slight_smile x
giphy-3
Message 97 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cairdeas wrote:
Ooh I Love Supervet. Even tho I bubble most of the way through it lol slight_smile x

I didn't know about Supervet, I shall look out for it now

I watch RSPCA = 2 x 1/2 hour programmed from Australia

but only a few of say Animal Cops Houston type as they do a test with rescued dogs which I do not believe in ie scratch a dog's back whilst it's feeding with what looks like a plastic long handled old fashioned toasting fork = to disturb the dog whilst feeding well tbh is someone did that to me I'd react badly = turn round pdq & smack 'em

from what I see on fb there are some very High Kill aninal shelters in USA, saw one recently where a small, very very young kitten had less than 1/2 hour to live as then closing time of shelter & little kitten would be killed ..... there was a big rally round and this one kitten, one kitten amongst many no doubt, was rescued

happy ending ..... yes I know there are a lot of charities in UK who do not euthenaise, & promote neutering/spaying of kittens/cats/puppies/dogs that come through their caring hands ..... = ..... you don't get to hear of them much on fb

Furever a Cat Lover xo Cat

Message 98 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

tomorrow i'm going to open up the time capsule i buried when i was a kid.....cant wait to see how big my puppy got!!!

Message 99 of 1,122

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  just to let you know The Supervet is on Thursday nights Ch 4 at 8pm...Brilliant programme wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 100 of 1,122