How are everyone's cats and dogs doing this week? slight_smile

catmeme.jpeg

Message 1042 of 1,122

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7227 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Marjo Haven't got any pets we used to have cats but they all passed on so decided not get anymore
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 1043 of 1,122

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes I had that Monday night /Tuesday morning. Just returned from Yarmouth. Shattered ...Cats decided they would do a bit of playing...jumping on and off the bed and meowing loudly....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1044 of 1,122

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes I had that Monday night /Tuesday morning. Just returned from Yarmouth. Shattered ...Cats decided they would do a bit of playing...jumping on and off the bed and meowing loudly....

Aww maybe they were excited that you were back? slight_smile

@blissgirl Sorry to hear that! My parents thought the same after our cat passed many years ago and still haven't got any new pets, even though I keep suggesting to them that it would be good for them to have some company at home. My cats were 'on loan' at their place for a month or so last year and they absolutely loved it. grin

Message 1045 of 1,122

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm totally doing this to my cat once I have enough toy rats! 

Cats and rats .jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1046 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marty to the vets yesterday for annual check-up & booster 

found to have a line of very red gingivitis along left lower side of mouth + a tooth with enamel missing

Some cat owners say only 1st set of jabs necessary

but this would not have been found in Marty if no annual visit to vets

I don't think he has good teeth = probably fed crap food when young ... I got him at 4 years old, he's now 10

his previous owner swanned off to the Med for 6 months, built him a hut in her yard / back garden ... she then moved in with her mum who was allergic to cat fur = 9 months in cattery plus 1 failed adoption = new owner didn't like him on top of the wardrobe(s) ... well, all my cats have been up there in various homes

Annual chck-up 2 years ago discovered a yellow lump in Marty's upper mouth, it went from grain of rice size, then pea size then dangly size in 6 weeks, successful operation to remove it

Marty will have tooth out on Thursday that will be 4 out in total ... only cat I've had whose had to have teeth out ... & ... he'll have a dental 

Also ... yesterday vet discovered micro-chip not working, she fitted new one foc

Marty is very near me since the micro-chip went in, only went out last evening for the necessary taking 5

minutes = no adventures

Previous cat Wispa was subdued a whole day after her micro-chip, on one of her pet mats on the best chair in the house in living room

Moral of the Tale: always take the cat / pet for it's yearly booster(s) & check-up

Message 1047 of 1,122

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Those people who say cats only need a first set of injections are cheapskates who have no right owning pets.

When you take on an animal you take on the cost involved. You have a duty of care to ensure you keep them healthy and happy. Rant over.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1048 of 1,122

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Those people who say cats only need a first set of injections are cheapskates who have no right owning pets.

When you take on an animal you take on the cost involved. You have a duty of care to ensure you keep them healthy and happy. Rant over.....

Yes, agree totally @Cleoriff ... Smiley Mad with those people you describe above  ^  ^  ^  

Message 1049 of 1,122

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Recently had to get the 2nd cat to the vets - ran upstairs fine but when he came back down he refused to use one of his back legs.
Turns out he had a blood clot in the leg. Two nights in the vets, plus blood and urine tests and on-going medication.
This 2 years after the first had urine crystals meaning a short stay and special diet/filtered water.
Cats are not cheap, but as said you choose to have them through good and bad times...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1050 of 1,122