Did you mean: 

Calls to seize drivers phones

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hey folks,

Just read a sky news article about the possibility of the police seizing you phones if your caught using them while driving.

Whats your thoughts on that one?

Personally i think its extreme. What about those who light a cigarette and veer 3 lanes? 

Dangerous driving is dangerous driving.  If your using your phone, to text etc at the very least your careless drivings. And yes, i have done it in the past. (not proud of it).  This whole using a phone law should be scrapped and dealt with under existing laws names above.

http://news.sky.com/story/calls-for-police-to-seize-phones-used-illegally-by-drivers-10744411

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A bit extreme but it needs extreme measures. Fines and points aren't doing it, and yes, confiscate the cigarettes of those people too wink

Message 2 of 32

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If it saves lives and gets rhe message hammered home it can only be a good thing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 32

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Have to say I'm all for it.

Not a day goes by that I don't see at least a handful of drivers with phones to their ears...and, without exception, they are the same handful driving like absolute d***s!

It's really not difficult, nor expensive, to use your phone in-line with the law. Or even to stop the car before making/receiving a call.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 4 of 32

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Totally agree!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 32

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 32

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Or... be charged with careless driving.... wink
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Having worked in A/E and seen the death and destruction caused by drivers on their phones I would say it's about time!  Recent case of a lorry driver who wiped out a whole family as he was replying to a text sickened me.... Too much carnage caused on the roads.

Any vehicle on the road is a potential death trap.....people using cars as offices and social sites should be chucked in prison in my honest opinion..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 32

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Many people have to use their cars as offices these days but they should be doing so responsibly.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 32

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

But that is and always will be the problem...laws are for others not me. You think it's bad in England though? There are no laws here about using your phone whilst driving and as much as I try to instill it into my wife, she still does it, texting and talking!! People driving motor cycles with their two or three children clinging on and having a phone to their ear whilst driving one handed. It really is scary. Take their phones, hell take their vehicles and stop the needless carnage.

Or better yet, build into a vehicle an automatic signal blocker!

Message 10 of 32