Did you mean: 

Black Sabbath play their final gig

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38871686

They played at my university a very long time ago. Well, when I say played, they came on stage, their amps overloaded the electrical system and blew it up. Ozzy swore something unintelligible into the mic and they walked off and never came back.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Saw some excerpts of the gig on the news today. Bless Ozzy Osborne. Rambles a lot makes very little sense when he talks (drugs and booze take their toll obviously) but you can't help but love him.

Good in their day...can still pull in a massive fan base but even with the great Tony Iommi (in remission from throat cancer) it was the right time for them to go . End of an era.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seems everyone needs that final big pay day..nostalgia innit but we've seen these swansongs before only for a group to reform a few years later because they miss the money and the fame.

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure Black Sabbath will come back if this excerpt from last night is anything to go on...Obviously taken from a mobile...even so...

The Prince Of Darkness seems to be very diminished.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well they say old rockers never die, in my humble opinion they tend to tarnish the memories. Anyone seen Meatloaf these days? Saw him in concert in Manchester before I moved here and found him a shadow of the glory days in the late 70s, quite sad really.

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We went to see him about 10 years ago at the NEC. He was rubbish. He had problems with his throat (he said)

If that was the case the concert should've been cancelled. He crucified Bat Out Of Hell. Never liked him since.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I saw Meatloaf at the Arizona State Fair a few years ago and he was very good.
I don't think Sabbath have ever played there but one of the best rock acts I've seen there was Billy Idol.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I saw Meatloaf at the Arizona State Fair a few years ago and he was very good.
I don't think Sabbath have ever played there but one of the best rock acts I've seen there was Billy Idol.

Good to hear about Billy Idol @MI5 ... my son & his fiance will be finishing off their 3 week honeymoon in April, seeing him in concert in Las Vegas Bouncy

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm sure they will enjoy it. He's a real showman.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I'm sure they will enjoy it. He's a real showman.

My son is in his early 30s & his fiance her early 20s ... thank you @MI5 ... just shows good music & showmen appeal to all ages slight_smile

Message 10 of 10