cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ariana Grande: Benefit concert in Manchester.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just thought I would give this a mention. The terrible events in Manchester shocked us all and I am not going into that. I just think this is a very brave move from Ariana Grande who will return to Manchester on Sunday to give a concert for the victims and their families. She will be joined by Take That, Coldplay, Katy Perry and Justin Beiber to name a few. Concert held at the Old Trafford Cricket ground. Good for them all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40086336

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I totally agree. Love the Oasis music but as human beings, I have no time for either of the Gallaghers. Noel is a bit more amiable and a lot more articulate but their fued is/was merely a sideshow to what was a great evening. 

Message 41 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I did expect him to make a guest appearance but the evening went very well without him. Great night for the kids and the the whole country. 

I did.

Let's be honest, it ain't Wonderwall people have been singing the last two weeks, it's Don't look back in anger, famously "Noels song"

But, Chris Martin did the song justice imo, and Liam did his part, live forever has never been so personal or poignant.

Love him or hate him, you can't knock the fact he's done his city proud this past two weeks, and more importantly,  this cause.

Message 42 of 46

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well said @viridis
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 43 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I did expect him to make a guest appearance but the evening went very well without him. Great night for the kids and the the whole country. 

I did.

Let's be honest, it ain't Wonderwall people have been singing the last two weeks, it's Don't look back in anger, famously "Noels song"

But, Chris Martin did the song justice imo, and Liam did his part, live forever has never been so personal or poignant.

Love him or hate him, you can't knock the fact he's done his city proud this past two weeks, and more importantly,  this cause.

Which is what I said (about him doing the city proud). However, I stand by the fact this was a benefit concert for kids mainly. It had sweet FA to do with the warring Gallagher brothers kissing and making up. (No matter how much some people hoped it would happen). It wasn't about them. It was about Ariana and co and the kids!. Coldplay did well with Dont Look Back In Anger. LIams after concert rant proved to me what an ignorant little attention seeking twozza he really is. End Of...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I can't remember the last time Liam didn't have an after concert rant tbh.
Message 45 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I can't remember the last time Liam didn't have an after concert rant tbh.

Whilst Noel maintained a dignified silence. Says it all really...

He was out of the country on a family holiday by the way. No excuse if he wanted to get back to kiss and make up with his bro. As I said though...it wasnt an Oasis reunion....Noel realised that I think...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 46