cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ariana Grande: Benefit concert in Manchester.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Just thought I would give this a mention. The terrible events in Manchester shocked us all and I am not going into that. I just think this is a very brave move from Ariana Grande who will return to Manchester on Sunday to give a concert for the victims and their families. She will be joined by Take That, Coldplay, Katy Perry and Justin Beiber to name a few. Concert held at the Old Trafford Cricket ground. Good for them all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40086336

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes of the two Noel is by far the better. Saw him guesting for the Who a while back and he was brilliant. But good on Liam for appearing 😀

Message 31 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

As has been said above  ^  ^  ^  ... it was seeing the kids enjoying themselves which did it for me slight_smile

Message 32 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The thing is this concert was NOT about Oasis and their long standing feud. Half those fans of Ariana Grande have no 'interest' in Oasis. We got one of them. It was never going to be a reunion between those two. Not the purpose of the concert at all.

No... the artistes this audience wanted to see were Ariana, Miley, Justin, Little Mix and that lot. I enjoyed watching the audience singing along to all the songs. Great concert at such short notice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 46

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Have been watching my recording of the concert and it is absolutely brilliant. And yes seeing the kids enjoying themselves after the horror of the bombs brought tears to my eyes.

God bless Ariana Grande for pulling this together so quickly and all the artists who are giving their time to such a worthy cause.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 34 of 46

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 35 of 46

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Personally, I'd say justified.

As @Cleoriff said last night was not about Oasis. It was about raising money for those affected by the terrible terrorist attack on children by providing a brilliant concert bringing all Manchester together.

Message 36 of 46

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I did expect him to make a guest appearance but the evening went very well without him. Great night for the kids and the the whole country. 

Message 37 of 46

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Couldn't agree more.

Message 38 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

This concert was NOT about an Oasis reunion. It was a benefit concert for kids who probably have never heard of the Gallagher Brothers and their ongoing feud. Liam turned up. For once he proved out of the two he was a good lad. (Even though Noel is by far the most intelligent)

I think Liam is showing his true colours. No way should this have been about those two. He needs to shut his mouth and realise without Noel he is nothing....Rant over. Maybe Noel understood that him turning up would have detracted from the real purpose of the concert.

PS those kids wanted to see Ariana, Miley and Justin and probably Coldplay .....they werent in the slightest bit interested in Liam

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Just to add. Liam and his foul mouthed rant gave him some much needed publicity. Noel at least kept a dignified silence. (Both my lads are 'mad for it' Oasis fans. So I pretty much grew up with that group being in my life for a good few years.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 46