Did you mean: 

A flying warehouse over your head

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

Amazon have recently filed a patent for a "flying warehouse". The idea is to have an airship at around 45,000ft which would be sent to areas where demand for goods is expected and then dispatch drones from the airship carrying the individual deliveries. 

It's hoped this system would help with the issue of the relatively short range of drones, which are limited by the size of the battery they can carry. Smaller airships could then be used to restock the larger warehouses and even transfer staff. 

What do you think about this? Are you happy to have a flying warehouse servicing your area or is the idea a bit much? 

droneAmazon.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww guys (including @Cleoriff) ... forgot El Supremo @MI5 & my forum heart heart throb wink @Bambino ... it's an age-related thing ... my dear heart dad said many years ago he had a short retentive memory & it's the same with me... & ... you guys (including Cougar Gal) are sooo generous & patient with me when I ask damn daft questions & patient & informative with people generally on the forum ... = ... I just arn't afraid of making an idiot of myself ... gonna get some pink post-it notes & plaster Google Is My Friend all over the laptop screen 

Cleo' as regards the size of Amazon eco-friendly packaging excepting the size of the box, which goes into the blue bag paper / cardboard re-cycling council scheme ... I do get your point ... in my post above  ^  ^  ^  there was only a small pink box of a purple / silver 18" necklace = bought in memory of my dad as he loved the colour purple ... sad to say the fastening on the chain is too fiddly for my chubby fingers ... = ... should have got the matching earrings but wanted to see the item of jewellery ... bracelet is useless unless it's elastic for the same reason = too fiddly to fasten 

btw Avon are more guilty than Amazon ... I don't want an Avon lady calling at my home, but I do like their lipsticks ... non-eco friendly tape & a large box for 1 item rattling around in said box

Marty is not a cardboard box or toy oriented cat unless it's his catnip banana which is now a mucky shade of green / grey from his slobbering all over it Cat Very Happy

Message 41 of 42

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

My little lady is obsessed with the latest cardboard box! I dare not throw it away as she's having so much fun with it Cat

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 42 of 42