Did you mean: 

10 new Earth planets found!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

Great news from space! The Kepler space telescope has recently come to the end of observing over 200,000 stars in the constellation Cygnus. During it's search Kepler discovered 219 new planet candidates 10 or which are not only earth sized and rocky but are located in side their stars habitable zone, which is the area around a star where liquid water can form. To far out and water freezes, to close to the star and it boils off. 

This great find adds to Kepler's already impressive record or planet finding with a grand total of 4034 worlds found to date! With technology improving all the time and the next generation of space telescopes on the way we are bound to see more exciting discoveries in the future. slight_smile

Unknown.jpg

Further reading

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 11 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Imagine the cocktails you'd get on Mars! I reckon the lag on the wifi back to Earth would get annoying though Smiley Very Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Imagine the cocktails you'd get on Mars! Smiley Very Happy

Would those cocktails contain large amounts of vodka @Martin-O2? If not I will stay on earth and 'measure my own dosage' thanks very much...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

We should get an Alcohol Distiller in place! Mexican Wave if not I will stay with @Cleoriff Cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff Well the gravity is lower so we can all hold more in our glasses Smiley Very Happy

signature

Message 15 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just think of the enormous task of setting in place everything we take so much for granted here on earth.

Also any inhabitable planet capable of supporting life will undoubtedly have existing forms of natural wildlife I would think.

I certainly would not fancy living in an artificially produced atmosphere under big lights sorrounded by people dressed in blue uniforms .... or the Etihad Stadium as it commonly known by LOL

Message 16 of 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I like the way you think @Martin-O2. Now if the 'more in our glasses' includes Baccardi I'm definitely there 😉
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 17 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie It certainly would be a much bigger endeavour then anything that the human race has attempted before! It would no doubt be very tough for the early pioneers. 

@Glory1 You can drink what ever you like wink

signature

Message 18 of 18