"Aura", O2 and COVID-19 in UK

Hopeful2BHappy
Level 4: Observant
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Dear All,

I do hope everyone keeps well and please stay safe & healthy! 🙂

I know there is already a lot of information shared on @Coronavirus in UK thread; but I was curious to check Aura's knowledge of it, this morning.

To my pleasant surprise, Aura has been a good girl and actually answered promptly when I asked to "tell me more about COVID-19". Aura also gave me links to gov.uk, NHS and O2 websites for further reading.

I also found info about O2 stores schedules, etc., overall O2 too response to the crisis created by this pandemic.

I would like to say a big "thank you" to all O2 staff, keeping the network running, and in particular to our O2 Community Managers, ( @Marjo and @Martin-O2 are the ones I been in contact previously).

But the most important achievement, (my humble opinion 🙂 ), is this Community platform where we all joined, and closelly bond now by a common denominator, which brought the altruism in people to support eachother (🏆 🌹🌷🌺 🐝 🙂).

Sadly, some individuals behave at their worse at this current climate.

My regional Police Neighbourhood Alerts desiminates the latest updates on crime / cyber crime, Coronavirus related scams.

It is shocking that Coronavirus related frauds has increase 400% in March!!!

"Action Fraud have received reports of #COVID19 related scams. The majority relate to the online sale of protective items such as facemasks and other items in short supply due to the outbreak, that don't exist.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/alert/coronavirus-related-fraud-reports

What scams are we seeing?

The majority of reports are related to online shopping scams where people have ordered protective face masks, hand sanitiser and other products, which have never arrived. Other frauds being reported include ticket fraud, romance fraud, charity fraud and lender loan fraud

Protection advice

Detailed counter fraud advice is available online, including from Scamsmart, ActionFraud, CIFAS, TakeFive, Citizens Advice, Trading Standards and the National Cyber Security Centre.

Reporting to Action Fraud can be done online at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk or by calling 0300 123 2040.

To report offers of financial assistance from HMRC contact phishing@hmrc.gov.uk."

Trust you'll find the above information useful.

With Kindest Regards, 🙂

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Truth be told, I had not thought about asking Aura much lately, since she made me laugh by reading out a date early in March as if it was a US format date, effectively pushing me back in time to early January...  I must see what she does on 1st April! 🤣

Interesting to read the other snippets from your area, @Hopeful2BHappy !

Actually, this question, if you let Aura read it out, shows the problem - try it! (stoopid computer) LOL

Screenshot_20200329-122007.jpg

Message 3 of 6

Hopeful2BHappy
Level 4: Observant
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you @jonsie and @pgn,

Going back to the earlir topic of scams/fraud on line, I found this link:
https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/section/information-for/individuals-families#

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Interesting website, for a gov.uk one! It is actually quite well laid-out, too, @Hopeful2BHappy

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for posting this @Hopeful2BHappy slight_smile I'm glad that Aura was helpful with your Convid-19 questions and that you've found the community helpful during this uncertain time. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6