cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc question

Anonymous
Not applicable

when watching a video in my browser and goto full screen in massive writing it comes up "press esc to exit full screen" this is windows standard thing i think, it does go away afterabout 5 secs issh , but its doing my head in

running on win7 home edition

is there anyway to stop this writing appearing

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What site are you watching a video on? I'm pretty sure it's down to the site not windows.

It's annoying I know.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
its all video players inc windows yourtube etc
should be an option somewhere to remove this writing 😞
Message 3 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/304807-How-to-remove-annoying-Press-Esc-to-message-in-Flash-Video

This program claims to solve the adobe variant so that should stop most of it as 90% of videos are flash based.

Edit: it appears adobe is at fault. Try the prog listed there. (I haven't used it myself so install at your own risk)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah i just also found that same link on google
and it worked spot on and came up clean the d/l
so that annoying writing has now vanished slight_smile
Message 5 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Brilliant:)

Sorry I had never really considered it before haha.

Glad it's worked out for you:)
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

i get it all the time when watching videos but it doesnt bother me s it goes away as soon as it comes

Message 7 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I wonder if a computer subsection to the forums would be useful. Seeing as computers are a huge part of our lives.

Mainly to being more people to the forums:)
Message 8 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
I wonder if a computer subsection to the forums would be useful. Seeing as computers are a huge part of our lives.

Mainly to being more people to the forums:)

I would like see that too but I don't know how many posts we would get as Thinkbroadband has a large section for that.

Even the broadband section has gone very quiet to what it used to be, mainly since O2 introduced traffic management and went from being the most recommended ISP to the least.

A huge self inflicted injury and customers have been leaving in droves.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

I must admit I didn't realise O2 did broadband until I joined the forums haha.

I can understand keeping it all about O2 services but is love if this forums turned much more general. People only go to a carriers website with a problem. There's not much else in here to keep people around.

Mainly mobiles but with a much wider range of off topic sub sections. Also change the name off topic isn't great it almost sounds as though its a place for threads that aren't wanted on the site:(

need to give people an excuse to come here and talk, doesn't have to be about mobiles. If you enjoyed discussing your favourite hobby on a carriers website when it comes to the time of signing a new contract there's a good chance you'd sign with O2. It's all advertising.

Not sure how the idea would sit with Toby/Leonard.

Message 10 of 11