Did you mean: 

olympus air, rival to Sony Qx lens range

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/05/olympus-air-lens-camera/

Much like the Sony QX range of remote wireless lenses that first came out at the same time as the xperia z1, these cameras offer amazing picture quality from dedicated camera components and can connect to almost any phone via wifi, eliminating any need for connection via hardware of the cable.

Having previously owned a QX10 I'm quite interested in seeing what olympus can offer.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/05/olympus-air-lens-camera/

Much like the Sony QX range of remote wireless lenses that first came out at the same time as the xperia z1, these cameras offer amazing picture quality from dedicated camera components and can connect to almost any phone via wifi, eliminating any need for connection via hardware of the cable.

Having previously owned a QX10 I'm quite interested in seeing what olympus can offer.

I think you really need to be into true photography nowadays to own a 'proper camera'

Do you think people are just relying on photos taken from mobiles now @viridis 

We have two Olympus cameras and never seem to take them with us now (except for wedding type events)... I thought it may be a sign of the times slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Strangely, a had my Qx in my pocket when out and about on trips etc,
It was just that more "pocketable" and very easy to connect if I needed that special shot.
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have an expensive Canon SLR camera with arious zoom lenses, filters and tripods, JVC video camera and a quite expensive (at the time) digital Panasonic camera. They are never used, I took the digital camera with me on the last trips but it stayed in the hotel safe. For me now, modern phone cameras serve my need.

Message 4 of 11

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I still prefer my Nikon DSLR+lenses heart

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer using a proper camera - while the general picture quality might be ok on a phone as soon as you zoom in on anything the quality is shocking.  My phone is ok for general snapshots but not if I'm going somewhere special.

I have a Panasonic TZ30 compact camera and my husband has got a Canon DSLR (I want one but they are too big for me).  I'm now trying justify getting the new Panasonic TZ70 when it's released next month...

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I prefer using a proper camera - while the general picture quality might be ok on a phone as soon as you zoom in on anything the quality is shocking.  My phone is ok for general snapshots but not if I'm going somewhere special.

I have a Panasonic TZ30 compact camera and my husband has got a Canon DSLR (I want one but they are too big for me).  I'm now trying justify getting the new Panasonic TZ70 when it's released next month...

I have the same TZ30. I've had it a couple of years but haven't used it now for 12 months. Shame really but when you have no one to actually share pictures with it all seems a little pointless.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's an excellent camera.  I don't tend to share my pictures - my husband has usually taken the same one and my Mum can't see them unfortunately.  I do post them on Facebook (I know a lot of people have a low opinion of FB!) so family can see them but I tend to do that more with pictures from my phone as it's easier.  Phone and camera both have a place!

I'm going to Florida in May and I thought about treating myself to the TZ70 but I really don't want to spend £350 on it so I think I'll be sticking with the TZ30.  It's not as though I know all the functions on that - I've had it 3 years and found out tonight that it's got a touchscreen!

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Traceyjs1975 wrote:.  It's not as though I know all the functions on that - I've had it 3 years and found out tonight that it's got a touchscreen!

I used to wonder why I had so many pictures of feet....that's how I found out LOL

Message 9 of 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Of course the good thing about Qx lenses and I'm assuming, these. Is a physical 10/30x zoom.
Message 10 of 11