cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no number/private number

Anonymous
Not applicable

when a received call comes up no number or private number I panic a bit & I seriously don't know whether to answer the call or not ..... I know when private number comes up it could be a medical call & now my local medical centre has a new appointment system where you ring in - give a brief description of your ailment - then a doctor will ring you back within an hour to discuss whether you need to come into the medical centre to see a doctor

I'm concerned that when the doctor rings it will come up private number

is there a difference between no number & private number

this week one morning I had a no number call but it ended whilst I was deciding whether to answer the call or not

thank you

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

I've heard that some "directory enquiries" prosper for keeping you on the line or dialling you through.

They do as the charge the high rate throughout the connected call but that is totally different from getting charged for answering myth which gets spread all over Facebook every now and then.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 23

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23954 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

I block all private calls and no numbers by default, to remove this being a problem. 

That's really not possible for some people @anticpated as most doctor's surgeries and hospitals withhold their numbers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any truth in the story that by answering some of these calls you are immediately liable for some sort of charge?  I seem to recall something like that - but maybe it is urban myth?

Complete myth.....

Thank you, sir!  Glad to hear that.  

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest I will answer withheld but it is normally PPI insurance scams or a non fault accident I have apparently had.

Where I do get frustrated is my bank. If they call me, it is from a withheld number. They say who they are. ........

Then ask me to answer security questions. I DON'T THINK SO.
Then they get funny with me!
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
To be honest I will answer withheld but it is normally PPI insurance scams or a non fault accident I have apparently had.

Where I do get frustrated is my bank. If they call me, it is from a withheld number. They say who they are. ........

Then ask me to answer security questions. I DON'T THINK SO.
Then they get funny with me!

thank you for that info piperdog123

Message 15 of 23

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I still get notified about the calls however people can send letters if they can't get you by telephone, if something is important enough.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 16 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

I still get notified about the calls however people can send letters if they can't get you by telephone, if something is important enough.

Mmmmm...and if your GP or hospital want you to go for an urgent scan...or other treatment....?:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 23

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

141 to reveal your number. I don't like hiding behind this wall however being as scammers, PPI, foreign call centers all choose to hide or use unorthodox ways to contact people I rather they just contact my home number and leave a message.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 18 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@anticpated wrote:

Mmmmm...and if your GP or hospital want you to go for an urgent scan...or other treatment....?:smileysad:

They leave a message asking me to call them.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@anticpated wrote:

They leave a message asking me to call them.

And you may have lost that slot or appointment...depending on how long it is before you pick up the voicemail...

Lookie here...I am only trying to look after everyone's health LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 23