Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi my daughter is due an upgrade soon and has asked if she can have an iphone, she is really heavy on phones her blackberry is totally destroyed after 8months and had it replaced then she got my mobile after upgrade that lasted 2months . I'm really asking are iphones any stronger and durable than blackberry or sony phones she has had quite a few cases also for phones any help would be greatly appreciated xxx
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I seriously doubt they are as internally they are the same as any other phone with much the same components and we see just as many complaints of failure here on all types and makes.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 28

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thank you anyway just have to find a bomb proof phone xxx
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a "bomb proof" phone, you'll be looking a LONG time, Iphones are more sturdy, but even they're prone to breaking, I broke mine within a few months of having it and that's even with a case for it.

Message 4 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If it must be a smartphone I would choose one with the smallest usable screen, as that seems to be the weakest point.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think about a case such as an Otterbox or Otterbox defender.

They are so protective it probably would withstand a Nuclear Winter !  wink

Not very feminine tho !

Message 6 of 28

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thanks for eveyone's help I may have to bite the bullet and let her have one she is 14 now so hopefully she will look after it better than previous phones xx
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
WoW can you adopt me ?

Letting a 14 year old have what surmounts to a £400+ piece of hardware.
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add go for the iPhone 5 or the new to be released iPhone 5s or 5c late September.

They should be 4G compatible too.

The iPhone 4 and 4s are encased in glass back and front so do have too be looked after.
Message 9 of 28

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I must admit she has been asking for the last couple of contract renewals but I've said no just have to make sure its got good insurance xxx
Message 10 of 28