cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 - do I or don't I?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking of buying an iPhone 6 outright.  I don't want to be tied into a contract for 24 months and don't want to be paying another £30 a month so buying from Apple seems to be sensible. 

I currently have a 5S and and I'm trying to work out what I will be gaining if I upgrade to the 6.  I've had a play with the phone and I prefer the size as it's that bit bigger than the 5S (the 6 Plus is way too big for me).  I also like the idea of the bigger memory.

Any thoughts to help me decide one way or the other?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can compare specs here http://store.apple.com/uk/iphone/family/iphone/compare
or just buy the superior Note 4 wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm embarrassed now @Anonymous - I couldn't find that when I looked on the Apple website!

My husband has the Note 3 and I know it's an excellent phone but it's too big for my delicate little hands! slight_smile

Message 3 of 75

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
lol, no worries mate.... The Galaxy Alpha is smaller wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't confuse me any more than I already am!

Message 5 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

I see you managed to have a play with the demo model. Even though it's only slightly bigger than the 5s it's noticable isn't it !

Regarding Capacity then go with what your pocket can afford. I use a 16gb version of the iP6+ and DropBox.

Apple do buy back iPhones in store but take photo ID. But being honest you'd get more selling it privately. I recieved £240 for my iP5s 16Gb. 

Message 6 of 75

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I kind of look at purchases in a slightly different light these days: do I spend big and how much can I make in cash back offers from it?

Strangely, I'd advocate buying it outright but when I did this renewal for a Moto X, I worked out that I'd be getting slightly more cash back via direct debits via the the bank account on the refresh tarriff over 24 months than I would using my credit card with cashback! Sometimes works out better to go on the refresh especially if you're unlikely to need to change tarriffs though sometimes things like Quidco/Nectar can swing it to an outright purchase. 

Of course I'd only suggest using the credit card if you pay it all off in one go (and do it right means thats 6 weeks to actually paying it).

Message 7 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only new thing about the 6 is that it is bigger, Apple hadn't brought anything new to the table this year, I upgraded to,a 5c which is good as I have never had any of the 5 series yet. The note 4 looks really good & it is fresh, innovative & has android which is customisable unlike Apple, ask @MI5 @jonsie for info on note 4
Message 8 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good vs piece @Anonymous from Trusted Reviews. 

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 5S: Should you upgrade?

Message 9 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all.  The Note 4 really is too big for me.  I know it's a good phone but I hate using my husband's Note 3 as it feels clumsy.

I would prefer to buy outright so that I'm not tied into a contract.  At the moment I'm SIM only with 3 so my options are buy outright and stick with 3 or come back to O2 (or go to Tesco mobile) on a Refresh plan.

Decisions decisions!

Message 10 of 75