Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad: $4000 to play Jurassic World

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

A seven-year-old in the UK is costing his father $4000 after playing a game of Jurassic World on his dads iPad

Mohamed Shugaa, 32, had no clue that his son, Faisall, downloaded the iTunes game or even knew the password to his tablet until his bank card was declined.

Apparently the child was paying in 'dino bucks' to upgrade the game. He didn't realise he was spending his dads money. 60 transactions were made in 5 days!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/7-year-old-love-jurassic-world-game-costs-big-bucks-article...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

That's insane. Why didn't his bank flag the charges and notify him? 60 charges to the same account in five days should have raised an alarm. At least Apple have agreed to refund the charges, but the fraud department of his bank needs to take a serious look at its security.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Absolutely crazy how a child can be allowed to rack up these sort of charges in-app. There has to be a certain parental responsibility however in letting a 7 year old know his password. Surely he should have noticed a game had been downloaded.

Message 3 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Yes, I agree that the parent has to take some of the blame on himself, particularly as Apple say there are parental controls built in to their devices. I think the guy is lucky to get a full refund, but I think he also should be making a complaint to his bank.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't have let a young child access to a password to an account that can easily have money spent. The man should have put a parental lock on or simpler, don't let the kids have your password 

Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Actually the father must allow his son access to his iPad....first mistake in my opinion....To go on and then claim he wasn't aware what his son was playing online or that he knew the password.... shows a complete lack of parental responsibility in my opinion..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

My thoughts too though it has to be said I get quite alarmed when I see so many two and three year olds happily playing away on a very expensive tablet these days.....

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It surprises me that they are allowed to play on expensive tablets at their ages as they will easily break them

Message 8 of 14

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
holly.......
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
holly.......

....and the ivy ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14