cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 6.0.1 is released

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked on my iPad this morning for any software updates, and iOS 6.0.1 has been released. I just thought I would make you guys aware. I haven't installed it myself yet, I'll probably do it tonight.

It will be interesting to see if there will be a decrease in the amount of posts about massive cellular data usage with iOS 6, has one of the features of iOS 6.0.1 is that it "Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances"

Here's a link that lists all the improvements/features of iOS 6.0.1.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1606

System Requirements for iOS 6.0.1 are:

iPhone 5

iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad 2
iPod touch (4th generation)

I can remember reading somewhere that after a software update, it is advisable to do the following, has it restarts the software. Its basically like when you restart your computer:

Hold down both the sleep/wake button and the HOME button, keep holding both of them down and ignore the slide to power off, still keep holding them down and shortly you will see the iPhone switch off, shortly after this the Apple logo will appear on the screen, at this point release both buttons.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

from the update info pge

OS 6.0.1 Software Update

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

• Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air

• Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard

• Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off

• Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks

• Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances

• Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match

• Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen

• Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222>

Iphone 4s file size 912.7 mb itunes download

46.7 mb ota

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

from the update info pge

OS 6.0.1 Software Update

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

• Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air

• Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard

• Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off

• Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks

• Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances

• Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match

• Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen

• Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222>

Iphone 4s file size 912.7 mb

912.7 MB Smiley Surprised

I updated through the software update feature on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. The update size was under 100 MB. Just thought it might be quicker than downloading the large file that you've mentioned slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

ota is just the updated file the itunes download is a full copy of the ios.

Did my 4s ota

Ipad 3 next 51.9mb ota

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 4