cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMac Reportedly Set to Receive Updates Next Week

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are any of you's hoping for a refresh in the iMac range next week?

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/16/imac-reportedly-set-to-receive-updates-next-week/

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

iMacs always worry me, as if something breaks I cannot get inside to fix it.  They look amazing, and its been a while since they were last updated slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to get an iMac for my next computer has I'm sick of Windows and with having an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, they all have features/apps that will all work well together, and the Mac OS is apparently a lot more secure and stable when compared to Windows.

Yeah I wondered about repairing them, but there's loads of videos around on ifixit and elsewhere that shows how to do repairs and upgrades to certain parts, it's like anything else, you just need to have the correct tools to do the job, which is ok if you are up to getting into the computer and doing repairs.

I've done a few repairs on my past computers so I wouldn't mind doing the repairs once the Apple Care 3 year cover had passed.
Message 3 of 11

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
An iMac update???

I didn't know lady shavers needed an update!!! LoL
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@macblank wrote:
An iMac update???

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@macblank wrote:
An iMac update???

You know better than to run one without the latest update surely? Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm going to get an iMac for my next computer has I'm sick of Windows and with having an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, they all have features/apps that will all work well together

i wouldnt buy into that, itunes just syncs straight away thats all.

have you built your own computer before?  if you have you should look into building a hackintosh, basically a high end pc with mac os on it.  i built mine for £800 and the equivalent to it on the mac site is £4100!  apart from im using a 32" lg tv instead of an overpriced imac monitor

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm going to get an iMac for my next computer has I'm sick of Windows and with having an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, they all have features/apps that will all work well together

i wouldnt buy into that, itunes just syncs straight away thats all.

have you built your own computer before?  if you have you should look into building a hackintosh, basically a high end pc with mac os on it.  i built mine for £800 and the equivalent to it on the mac site is £4100!  apart from im using a 32" lg tv instead of an overpriced imac monitor

It's not so much iTunes I was thinking of more the apps the iPad, iPhone have on them that the Mac/iMac also has, such as Notes, Reminders, Mac App Store, etc, and also the ability to AirPlay what's on my iMac over my Apple TV and on to my TV.

I've never built my own computer before, but I have considered it in the past.

I never knew that you could build your own computer and install a Mac OS on it, I never knew it was possible, plus thinking about it, I would have thought a lot of the hardware that would be used in the build such as the Motherboard for example would need drivers disk and from what I've seen when I've got a computer, these are for Windows, but I'm not that knowledgable with Mac at present, I'm picking things up all the time, and posting questions I have on forums to learn stuff.

Plus my thinking was with an iMac, I could save a bit of space in the room where I have my computer has space is a bit tight, and still have a computer with a decent sized screen that would be more than up to doing the things i would want to do.

Thanks for help, suggestion its much appreciated.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ever since apple started using intel, it opened the doors for people to build their own.  And yes, it's perfectly legal as long as you buy a copy of OS X.  It's only 30 quidand a satisfying project as long as you stick with the parts they recommend that all work with each other.

this site has all the info http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

and here's my build if you fancy a look, it's got photos too

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/46641-success-bobsters-build-i5-2500k-z68x-ud3h-b3-xfx-6870-a....

i want to build a home theater hackintosh next

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ever since apple started using intel, it opened the doors for people to build their own.  And yes, it's perfectly legal as long as you buy a copy of OS X.  It's only 30 quidand a satisfying project as long as you stick with the parts they recommend that all work with each other.

this site has all the info http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

and here's my build if you fancy a look, it's got photos too

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/46641-success-bobsters-build-i5-2500k-z68x-ud3h-b3-xfx-6870-a.html

i want to build a home theater hackintosh next

Interesting, nice machine you have there bobster. Something for me to think about. Thanks for the advice its much appreciated.

Message 10 of 11