Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need to talk to customer services advisor about swapping my BROKEN sim

PS1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please help. I have received a new sim and need to swap it. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

SIM swapping from a broken SIM won't be possible without calling, using live chat or visiting a store.

OP already has a new SIM.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23563 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

PS1984, is your new sim broken or your old one? If the new one you have received is good you can swap your number to it here: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well my reply was written totally wrong !

Thanks @MI5 for highlighting it as per !

It should have said.

You can simswap it out at an O2 Store.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

PS1984, is your new sim broken or your old one? If the new one you have received is good you can swap your number to it here: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Old sim needs to receive a text to start the process. If it's broken, it won't be able to, unfortunately....

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
  • 23563 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Old sim needs to receive a text to start the process. If it's broken, it won't be able to, unfortunately....

Ah, right. Didn't know that. I did mine in store and I don't recall that happening.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
It won't in store as you have to pass security with the shop person. But online, you could be anyone trying to swap sims....
Message 8 of 10

Bambino
  • 23563 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It won't in store as you have to pass security with the shop person. But online, you could be anyone trying to swap sims....

Understood. Reasonable to do it that way online for security purposes then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

best go to o2 store or live chat they will help you swap your sim card for you for free 

Message 10 of 10