cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general phone question .....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia 515 = not a smartphone, but which suite my needs atm

I have been playing around with it lately = going into unknown territory other than call/text/camera/radio

& I'm really kinda scared that'll I get into something & have a secret/magic big bill to pay = no kidding

also recently I've taken to answering my best friend's Galaxy 6 phone, say when she goes outside the pub for a smoke & her phone receives as incoming call - it really grates & is embarrassing for me sitting at the table hearing the perpetual ringing of her phone - now without infringing her privacy at all - I've watched & learned how to just quite simply answer the phone doing the swipe finger thing & be professional after that - I do not answer any call that simply shows up eg a number/private number ..... where's this going = I now have some confidence in handling a smartphone = Cleoriff said some time ago if she can do it then so can I ..... I have about 15 months on my contract with O2 to go so I won't be switching to a smartphone anytime soon = just thought I'd like to share this with you ..... thank you

WispaRed7 :womanvery-happy: do what makes you happy 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jane.

Taking things at your own speed is key.

Thanks for sharing. 😄
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Only you can make the decision Jane...but honestly I would not go back now.

It really does open up a whole new world as it were. I started with the Samsung S3...and last month upgraded to the Samsung Note 3 (in red)...

I love it and had so much help setting it up from MI5....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you do decide to go for it I suggest you start with a simple smartphone - Let us know when you're ready and we'll throw you some ideas slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Always here to help Jane. ...

Yes compiling a list for February @jonsie  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Only you can make the decision Jane...but honestly I would not go back now.

It really does open up a whole new world as it were. I started with the Samsung S3...and last month upgraded to the Samsung Note 3 (in red)...

I love it and had so much help setting it up from MI5....:smileywink:

Red eh Cleoriff = cool

thank you to the others for your replies

WispaRed7 Cat Christmas comes but once a year = enjoy

Message 7 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

When you're ready to upgrade, we're here to help you find the right one for you. In the meanwhile, when you have time, go into a Carphone Warehouse if you have one near you. They have a wide selection of phones you can be touchy feely with. You can find one that feels comfortable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

When you're ready to upgrade, we're here to help you find the right one for you. In the meanwhile, when you have time, go into a Carphone Warehouse if you have one near you. They have a wide selection of phones you can be touchy feely with. You can find one that feels comfortable.

thank you Bambino, there is a Carphone Warehouse in town

I'll do as you suggest & have a play on their phones next year

I have been somewhat put off smartphones as my best friend struggles with her Galaxy 6 wheras she had no problem with her previous phone an Eriksson flip-top type

WispaRed7 Cat dance like no-one is watching you & sing like no-one can hear you

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning @wispared7. As usual some very sound advice has already been offered, to which I would add that there are some excellent books on the market that guide you gently through lots of the features of specific models of phone. I know u like to have written instructions to hand so when you decide what phone to buy get yourself a manual to read and follow. Very soon you will be uo there with the best of them posting photos to your heart's content. And we all look forward to that.
Message 10 of 13