cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay return costs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now not being an eBay aficionado...

I’ve bought a phone that is well below what was advertised as and I’ve submitted a return, the seller has accepted.. 

So I’m guessing I have to pay for postage to get it back to them.. and if so.. is there anyway to claim those costs back or do I have to suck it up..?

cheers

C

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Just caught up with this topic. Interesting info @Anonymous, I use Ebay sometimes too although never with bigger items, just small occasional stuff that I never either had to return, or if I did, I couldn't be bothered. tongue Good to know about the process!

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjowrote:

Just caught up with this topic. Interesting info @Anonymous, I use Ebay sometimes too although never with bigger items, just small occasional stuff that I never either had to return, or if I did, I couldn't be bothered. tongue Good to know about the process!

I could've put up with the fact it wasn’t the original box or that the headphones were used..but when I found out it was locked to Vodafone..it had to go back.. 

Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You were totally mis-sold a product @Anonymous. It wasn't as described. Therefore you had every right to report it.

Happened once to my husband with an expensive item. It was packed badly and broken on arrival

The seller tried to say it was broken by my husband and refused to refund.

Luckily my husband had taken photos of the item whilst still in the box. He reported the seller to Ebay AND Paypal.

Paypal removed the money from the sellers account and returned it to ours.

Seller also received a warning from Ebay and a received a terrible review from us (advising people not to buy from this person).

Negative ratings are the kiss of death for any seller on Ebay!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even sending it back was a worry. What if it’s get back and the seller says that something is missing.. I took photos in every stage of packing but anyone can take a photo and then take bits out. Fortunately the seller refunded very quickly.

I’m never sure whether to mark as negative, because like you said it ruins your account.

I’m currently trying Schpock to buy and sell some stuff..

Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous I would wait and see if the seller comes back to you with anything else once they receive the phone. Also how quickly they process the refund..

Also you don't have to leave a review of any kind. It's up to you.

Edited to add. A bad review doesn't ruin YOUR account. It affects the sellers rating

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriffwrote:

@Anonymous I would wait and see if the seller comes back to you with anything else once they receive the phone. Also how quickly they process the refund..

Edited to add. A bad review doesn't ruin YOUR account. It affects the sellers rating

Sorry maybe I worded mine poorly.. yes it ruins their ratings and I’d hate for their account to be ruined over one item. I know I’d be gutted about it.

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

Sorry maybe I worded mine poorly.. yes it ruins their ratings and I’d hate for their account to be ruined over one item. I know I’d be gutted about it.

If I tell you it was a 3 month saga to get our money returned @Anonymous ...this is why we had no problem giving a bad review Evil

Sadly there are many unscrupulous sellers on Ebay....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Cleoriff i don’t think I’d have any problem after 3 months either! 😁

Message 18 of 18