cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comedy

Anonymous
Not applicable

the late & very great Spike Milligan

the sketch in the lift where he and others play Elgar's Pomp & Circumstance on what looks like rubber hoses ..... brings a smile to my face thinking about it

perhaps @perksie may have a 'video' of it slight_smile

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

only a small snippet...

thanks jonsie ..... so good I played it twice 

he cracks me up all through, but particularly when he just simply falls about at the end = wonderful Bouncy 

did you know he had something on his gravestone like ..... = ..... 'I told you I was ill'

mine will be something like = well, I tried ..... or ..... you can't keep a good girl down for long LOL

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

did you know he had something on his gravestone like ..... = ..... 'I told you I was ill'

mine will be something like = well, I tried ..... or ..... you can't keep a good girl down for long LOL

Well....yours isn't going to be for a long time yet lady...Just keep laughing at Spike Milligan....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Cleoriff for the above ^   ^   ^   Crazy LOL :womanvery-happy:

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The great Dave Allen ..... he was to me the 1st of observational type humour comedians ..... & I was astounded  Astounded at the way, in his sketches, he poked fun at the Roman Catholic church

I also heard he was a fan of Classy Cas' RLFC ..... = ..... a man of good taste wink

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

He was one of the greats of comedy. Not to everyone's taste but he cracked me up with his observations and monologues.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

the late great Eric Morecambe ..... the sketch where he had those buff coloured knee length shorts on, the hem of which was probably wired as they 'stood up on their own' when he sat down ..... worn with ..... the long socks supported by leather suspenders ..... that's the image I have of him ..... could have chosen lots of others, but that's an Eric Morecambe classic Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8