cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breaking news: Michael Meacher veteran Labour MP dies

Anonymous
Not applicable

this respectful gentleman was a junior minister in Harold Wilson's Labour government ... a former Oxford graduate in the classics ... in his later career decided he was best suited to helping the Labour movement from the back benches of parliament ... our thoughts are with his family & friends ... may he RIP

If someone could post a blue link, I'd be grateful

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very sad to hear. I read that he was a friend of the natural world and played a crucial role with Kyoto Treaty. RIP.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes breaking news earlier today but I never really liked the man. To be honest, politicians aren't my cup of tea.  They are there, a part of everything wrong with the government. We put up with them because we have to. Overpaid, under worked and do nothing for their constituents.  They don't care...multi homes, exaggerated expenses and we pay. Sorry but policiticians look after themselves,  not a thought for their constituents. ...fact!

Someone tell me I'm wrong. ..you can't.  Be honest please, the UK is a cesspit of corruption now. Politicians.  I would willingly vote communist. Who actually cares if you can pay the mortgage, who cares if you eat or not... I care passionately about my country. I just wish someone else did. You will never ever find a caring politician period.

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Here you go @Anonymous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34592381

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

very well said @jonsie although its his family and freinds i feel sorry for now

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Friends? No they don't have....family yes, I can spare a thought for. ....

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Here you go @Anonymous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34592381

Thank you @Bambino Thanks!

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Each to their own @jonsie Each to their own

Politics, well I have a liberal heart

My town's MP happens to be a Tory

He has taken a keen interest in mental health issues particularly the Craven Community Health Forum, which I attend, & if / when I get bothered by that downright despicable MP Ian Duncan Smith who is boss of the Department of Work & Pensions & who was absolutely determined not to be ousted out of his ministerial post at the last election ... well I shall be emailing Julian Smith MP pronto

Sorry jonsie, but that's personal to me

Message 8 of 8