Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Privacy

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Want to know what Google knows? Read this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/25/how-to-stop-google-from-storing-your-location-history.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't really buy her analysis that people were manipulated into voting leave as a result of reading fake ads on Facebook.

And I say that as someone who voted remain  Smiley Indifferent

I doubt we'll ever know. But I think more foul means than fair all-round...

Message 11 of 16

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

..... and you think Bing and Firefox don't track you? 

Your phone, cctv in the streets, in pubs and restaurants, even your neighbours pretty little cameras..... not much you can do about privacy in today's world. Our fault, we made this happen. 

Just lie back and embrace it. 

The subject of many a film - one with Sandra Bullock having her identity removed sticks in my memory... 

Then there's that one with Tom Cruise, Minority Report - interesting statement on how cities are getting "smarter"...

The question is: Just because it can be collected, should it be?

Do you know how easy it is to be manipulated by so-called Social Media companies? This is a good eye-opener!

Remember: if it's free, then YOU are the product. 

FREE IS DEF. TROUBLE @pgn 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

While it’s true, that you usually get what you pay for, it’s not always the case. I opened up a protonmail account for a specific purpose, used it for about a year, and then closed it down.

Obviously, they’d prefer their customers to subscribe to one of their premium products, but their free account was more than adequate for my needs, and it did exactly what it says on the tin wink

Message 13 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's a good alternative to Gmail:

https://protonmail.com/

The free version is quite basic, but it's not bad if you're looking for a disposable email address (for online shopping etc). It's easy to set up, and it doesn't require any of your personal details. All it asks you to do is create a username and password, and then you're good to go  wink

Interesting. I wonder what the payback is for the folks who host the service? CERN has figured highly in the WWW as it is today, a lot of clever people work there, and as the blurb says, Switzerland's data and privacy protection laws are of a very high standard. Good shout, @Anonymous, thank you. 

Message 14 of 16

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Finally logged in I couldn't do it for a few days for some reason I have google opinion rewards and aslo I'm using a pixel 2xl haha I'm not bothered got nothing to hide
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liggerz87 wrote:
Finally logged in I couldn't do it for a few days for some reason I have google opinion rewards and aslo I'm using a pixel 2xl haha I'm not bothered got nothing to hide

It depends on how you’re using your handset I suppose, but that’s a positive way of looking at it. The problem for many of us is that we’re trusting our smartphones with too much sensitive data to begin with. 

I’ve always liked the pixel, and it’s probably the only handset that would ever tempt me back to Android  thinking

Message 16 of 16