Did you mean: 

Your 2018 Holiday Pics

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey peeps,

After two weeks in Tunisia for my summer hols, I'm back! Looking around I didn't see one, so thought it could be fun to start a thread dedicated to sharing some of your best summer holiday photos. I'll kickstart things off with a handful of pics taken on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (with Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal).

1. Photo of the sunset over the Sahara desert
1.jpg

2. Selfie with me and my camel (GoPro mounted on the handle in the background)
2.jpg

3. Panorama from remote part of the Sahara desert where they filmed part of "The English Patient" and Star Wars
8.jpg

4. Photo of me from part of a set used for Star Wars
7.jpg

5. Panorama from the outside of El Jem colliseum, where they filmed part of Gladiator
3.jpg

6. In the Sahara, even the 4x4's sometimes struggled with the terrain. We went up and down dunes even steeper than this one
6.jpg

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Glad you had a great holiday @EmilieT rainbow

If you threw some coins over your shoulder into the Trevi fountain, that will ensure that you return to Rome in the future..

I hope the 50p I threw in will do the trick @jonsie fingers_crossed I was surprised at how crowded the fountain was, every day from 8am until at least 10 at night. We had to wait until quite late on a weekday evening to be able to go by the water and throw the customary coins. Worth the wait though, for sure!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 20

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Fantastic pics @EmilieT. Glad to hear you enjoyed Rome, I knew you would.

Glad to see you back, you were missed.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 20

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Super pics, @EmilieT!

I had a look through our holiday snaps, not many suitable for showing here... Maybe I will find a few from last year. 

Welcome back! 

Message 13 of 20

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

C319CAEE-5724-442C-BB06-1E51FC6A6F4C.jpeg

Land's End

28710595-C487-4818-AB04-CA80D9187426.jpeg

The Minack Theatre

C7D9A032-946F-4474-AD69-AE06BA52473E.jpeg

Porthcurno Beach

10B0C406-DFAF-4387-B421-6ED7E7FC63CA.jpeg

St Michael's Mount

4E80ED77-8C32-4A60-BF56-0C38FE443B84.jpeg

Sennen Cove

C9CAA023-518D-48E4-828A-05806217A6D8.jpeg

The sunrise at Mousehole

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 14 of 20

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 It was every bit as beautiful as you said, 6 days was not enough! & it's good to be back hugging

@pgn Any pics you find will be welcome! There's always your next holiday, whenever that is maybe there'll be some suitable pictures thencool

@Harrysmum2008 Those are gorgeous thanks for sharing smiley I've never been to Cornwall myself but those photos definitely make me want to organise a trip there. Which phone or camera did you use?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 15 of 20

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Cornwall is amazing.  We're going to the US for a 3 week road trip next year and had decided we couldn't justify (or afford!) a second holiday but we had such an amazing time that we're going back next September.  We stayed in Mousehole this year, which was lovely but too quiet, and we're going to Mevagissey next year.

I took the pictures on an iPhone 8.  I've also got a Panasonic TZ200 which I used a lot as well but I haven't got around to uploading yet.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 16 of 20

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Harrysmum2008 

Whereabouts in the US are you heading? A 3 weeks road trip is going to be quite an adventure, you'll have to tell us all about it afterwards!

Really lovely pics, I'd be curious to see the ones taken with the Panasonic TZ200 as well but no rush smiley

signature

Message 17 of 20

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

We're going to New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville for the main part, stopping off at Montgomery, Jackson and Chattanooga on the way.  We've got 1 night in Atlanta when we arrive, 4 nights in each of the main cities and 2 in the others.  I can't wait.  We've been talking about doing it for years and thought if we don't do it soon we'll be too old!

I'll upload the pictures from the Panasonic soon.  I'm really impressed with it so far - I had the TZ100 before and only upgraded for the bigger zoom.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 18 of 20

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have the Panasonic TZ200 and it's a brilliant little pocket camera with an amazing zoom. It took a little getting used to but I love it. At the moment though it's been sitting unused in Thailand!

Message 19 of 20

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

As a born and bred New Yorker, I'm not a fan of the south but I have been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, Nashville to see The Grand Old Opry and my dad's home city of Atlanta and had a brilliant time in all 3. I'm sure you're going to have a great time on your road trip @Harrysmum2008 and I look forward to seeing your photos when you get back.

Love your photos of Cornwall, by the way. Have never been but it looks fantastic.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 20 of 20