cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube channels - What are you watching?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

As we have a thread for both Netflix and Amazon recommendations I thought it would be great to have one for YouTube channels! There are some fantastic content creators on YouTube who produce some high quality, well made and interesting videos so I've shared a few of my favourites below. wink

AlternateHistoryHub

A great channel that investigates the "what if's" from both history and fiction. From what would happen if Germany won the 2nd world war to what would the world be like if the Purge movie was real, there's a little something for everyone, all explained with fun animations. 

Science & Futursim with Issac Arthur 

One of my all time favourite YouTube channels, SFIA likes to think big about the future of humanity whilst keeping things within the laws of physic's. Could we build a Dyson Sphere? What would a real inter-planetary war look like? How realistic is faster then light travel? These and many more questions are addressed here! 

Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell

Another science based channel which covers pretty much any topic you can think of and gives an optimistic, science based take on things. Subjects like "Is meat bad for you?", "How Bacteria Rule Over Your Body" and "How We Could Build a Moon Base TODAY" are covered in great detail. With amazing animations and clear narration this is not one to miss! 

Looper

If you like movies, TV or video games then Looper is the channel for you! With new videos almost daily there' always something new to watch. From easter eggs to hidden meanings and movie mistakes this is a great channel for film and TV buffs. 

The Slow Mo Guys

Pretty much what it says on the tin! The Slow Mo Guys perform experiments and film everyday things suing a super slow motion camera and the results are as interesting and they are cool to look at. 

Tasty

Not one to watch when you're hungry! Tasty is a food recipe channel which produces instructional videos for cooking everything from breakfast right up to dinner and desert. There are some truly tasty recipes available along with some long form videos discussing all things food. 

The Joe Rogan Experience 

Featuring a wide range of guests from the crazy Alex Jones to the forward thinking Brian Cox and everyone in between. Joe Rogan's relaxed style allows you to get a unique view of his guests and their opinions. Just make sure you have some spare time as episodes average 3 hours long.  

Mike Boyd

If you need some inspiration for learning anything then Mike Boyd is your man. The channel is based around Mike trying to learn a new skill in the shortest time possible. He learns a wide variety of skills and takes on challenge's, documenting the process as he goes, mistakes and all. 

Do you follow any of the channels mentioned above? Do you have any that you would recommend to the community? Let us know in the comments below! laughing

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A bit boring really...

I only ever watch 3 things.

Music videos,

F1 races (old and new)

Nature videos

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog Cat Very Happy

cat videos ... rofcgu ... LOL

(It's a SCD in-joke, coined by sheepdog & @Cleoriff ) Dance Dance

Message 23 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@sheepdog Cat Very Happy

No, I hand the Cat Video joke to @sheepdog Jane... he usually makes reference to it when bored out of his skull rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sheepdog Cat Very Happy

No, I hand the Cat Video joke to @sheepdog Jane... he usually makes reference to it when bored out of his skull rofl

Oh, thanks for putting me right @Cleoriff ... it's in my phone calendar to watch SCD this weekend, as Harry Connick Jr has been mentioned & I am missing what I specifically enjoy in SCD

Message 25 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes do watch it @Anonymous . Missing your input this year...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes do watch it @Anonymous . Missing your input this year...wink

That's a nice thing to say @Cleoriff wink

Sometimes, I seem to be more negative than positive with SCD eg wooden plank Tess Daly, she gets her money easy ... & ... I'm no fan of Shirley Ballas eg last series she said the Alemana was a difficult step = it just is not, it's a simple basic step, 1st variation taught in the Rhumba and Cha Cha Cha ... the woman makes a simple turn under the man's left arm whilst he does a back basic ... ... ... to non-dancing voters they would have taken the Head Judge's words as true *harrumph*

@Cleoriff if you think I should move what I have said to SCD thread I will 

Message 27 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No leave it @Anonymous . It's gone off topic in an Off topic post...so who cares? Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

No leave it @Anonymous . It's gone off topic in an Off topic post...so who cares? Dance

Atta Girl Dance

Message 29 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions