Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You want fries with that?

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Looks like the human burger flipper's end is on the horizon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-43292047/burger-flipping-robot-begins-first-shift

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35209 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Lester Burnham's dream was made possible through burger-flipping (American Beauty).

download.jpg 

I think the best robot has to be the one from Wall-E that has to type on a keyboard - the Gatekeeper robot is one such example:

walle-gatekeeper01.jpg

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We will all be redundant come the next generation or two. Sometimes we just need to really think if an automated robotic existence is what we really want. Bit sad really....😢

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:

We will all be redundant come the next generation or two. Sometimes we just need to really think if an automated robotic existence is what we really want. Bit sad really....😢

I know.....and what's more those damn burgers were a bit thin!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Get used to more "automation" and another generation being lost from the start of the work ladder. Its a lot cheaper to invest in robotics and replace the ever increasing minimum wage (and now the National Living wage applied to over 25's) with liabilities being forced on the employer to pay. That has to come from somewhere and the customers isn't going to pay extra.

Just don't frequent these places as they introduce the replacements. McDonalds is just terrible now with the oversized screens you have to get past (the heavy hint at what you should do) and I just can't be bothered going through that so go for the human contact. 

Message 5 of 5